|No. 16 – UST Growling Tigers|
|Born||March 18, 1991|
|Listed height||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Listed weight||175 lb (79 kg)|
|High school||Xavier School|
|College||University of Santo Tomas|
Dub Unlimited (2011)
|Career highlights and awards|
He was born on March 18, 1991 to Alvin Teng, a former player with the Philippine Basketball Association who won multiple titles as a member of the San Miguel Beermen. His younger brother Jeron, who is also a basketball player currently playing for the De La Salle Green Archers. He is currently on his 4th year of college at the University of Santo Tomas.
UST Growling Tigers
Teng joined the Tigers in 2009 where he won the Rookie of the Year award. In that season, he was joined by veterans Dylan Ababou and Khasim Mirza to form UST's ATM trio. The Tigers finished the season 6-8 and made it to the Final Four, but were defeated by the Ateneo Blue Eagles in the Final Four 64-81. Teng finished the season averaging 11.3 points per game, 4.0 rebounds per game and 1.5 assists per game.
In his second season, Teng led the Tigers in scoring averaging 12.9 points per game, along with 4.3 rebounds per game and 1.9 assists per game while shooting 39% from 3 point range. Unfortunately, with the Tigers losing Ababou and Mirza to graduation, the inexperienced Tigers failed to return to the Final Four and finished 7th in the standings at 4-10 ahead of the UP Fighting Maroons.
In his third season, Teng improved his numbers averaging 13.5 points per game, 4.7 rebounds per game and 2.4 assists per game. Together with Jeric Fortuna, Chris Camus and rookie center Karim Abdul, the Tigers finished the season in 4th place with a 8-6 record and returned to the Final Four. But the Tigers failed to advance further as the lose to the Ateneo Blue Eagles 66-69.
In his fourth season, Teng was named the co-captain of the Tigers with Jeric Fortuna as the captain. In a game against the NU Bulldogs, Teng led the Tigers by scoring 15 of his 21 points as the Tigers came back from a double digit lead against the Bulldogs to win the game 77-71. Teng scored a career high 26 points as the Tigers defeated the UE Red Warriors 87-75 to clinch a Final Four berth. The Tigers were able to advance to the UAAP Final Four as the #2 seed, they were able to defeat the NU Bulldogs to advance to the UAAP Finals and faced off against the Ateneo Blue Eagles but were swept in the Finals 2-0 as the Blue Eagles completed their five-peat. Teng finished the season averaging 13.6 points per game, 4.3 rebounds per game, 1.3 assists per game, 38% shooting from the field, 34% shooting from 3 point range and 70% shooting from the free throw line.
- UST's Teng named Rookie of the Year ABS-CBN News
- Payo, Jasmine (2009-09-21). "Eagles back in UAAP finals". INQUIRER.net. Retrieved 2009-09-21.
- UAAP Season 72 - University of Santo Tomas Growling Tigers » inboundpass.com – Covering Philippine college basketball:
- UAAP Season 73 - University of Santo Tomas Growling Tigers » inboundpass.com – Covering Philippine college basketball:
- UAAP Season 74 - University of Santo Tomas Growling Tigers » inboundpass.com – Covering Philippine college basketball:
- Ateneo escapes UST late run, enters UAAP finals GMA News Online
- Red-hot Teng leads UST to another comeback, this time vs NU Interaksyon.com
- UAAP: Tigers top Warriors, will get at least a playoff for second place GMA News Online
- Five-peat complete, as Ateneo sweeps UST
- University of Santo Tomas Growling Tigers Player Statistics :: PBA-Online!:
- Jeric Teng Of UST is The New Adidas Philippines Endorser
|UAAP Men's Basketball Rookie of the Year