Jay-Z & Ciara Live
||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (July 2009)|
|Jay-Z & Ciara Live|
|Tour by Jay-Z & Ciara|
|Associated album||The Blueprint 3
|Start date||July 2, 2009|
|End date||July 10, 2009|
|Shows||6 in North America
6 in Total
Jay-Z & Ciara Live (also known as Jay-Z Live with Special Guest Ciara), was a 2009 summer concert tour headlined by rapper Jay-Z and R&B singer Ciara. The tour was in support of both artists' new albums, The Blueprint 3 and Fantasy Ride. The six city United States tour took place from July 2 to July 12, 2009. The tour was originally scheduled to have ten dates, but this was later changed to six. The opening act for the tour was rapper Fabolous.
- On the Las Vegas stop, Ciara Performed "Like A Surgeon".
- Ciara missed the Connecticut stop on July 10 due to catching a flu.
- "D.O.A. (Death of Auto-Tune)"
- "Say Hello" (snippet)
- "Show Me What You Got"
- "Blue Magic"
- "My President" (remix)
- "Takeover" (snippet)/"U Don't Know"
- "P.S.A. (Public Service Announcement)"
- "I Want You Back" (Michael Jackson Tribute)
- "Izzo (H.O.V.A.)
- "Allure/Flashing Lights (mashup)
- "Diamonds from Sierra Leone" (remix)
- "Swagga Like Us"
- "Roc Boys (And the Winner Is...)
- "What We Talkin' About(snippet)
- "Big Pimpin'"
- "Dirt Off Your Shoulder"
- "Can I Get A..."
- "Jigga What, Jigga Who"
- "Blueprint 3 Intro (acapella)
- "You, Me, Him, Her"
- "Jigga My Nigga"
- "99 Problems"/"Point of Authority" (mashup Linkin Park)
- "I Just Wanna Love U (Give It 2 Me)"
- "Can I Live Play"
- "Where I'm From"
- "Money Ain't a Thang"
- "Hard Knock Life"
All tour dates were announced and confirmed on Ciara's official website.
|July 2, 2009||Phoenix||United States||Dodge Theater|
|July 3, 2009||Las Vegas||The Pearl at The Palms|
|July 4, 2009|
|July 7, 2009||Chicago||Charter One Pavilion|
|July 10, 2009||Uncasville||Mohegan Sun Arena|
The tour received positive to favorable reviews from critics.
Los Angeles Times gave the whole tour a very positive review, saying Ciara worked hard during her brief set, executing some impressive acrobatics along with her four dancers. Her street-tough image is powerful—she and her dancers wore ripped jeans and leather vests, like a sleeked-up girl gang—but her delivery was unfocused, and she didn’t seem to be enjoying herself. The newspaper also gave Jay-Z a positive review saying that his set was exciting and kept the audience very hyped. They also continued saying he interacted with audience very well.