Jammu and Kashmir State Board of School Education
|Jammu and Kashmir State Board of School Education
جموں اور کشمیر ریاست اسکول کی تعلیم بورڈ
|Formation||August 28, 1975|
|Type||Governmental Board of School Education|
|Headquarters||Srinagar, J&K, India|
The Jammu and Kashmir State Board of School Education (abbreviated as JKSBSE or JK BOSE) is the main board of school education in the Indian state of Jammu and Kashmir. It is based in Srinagar and is under the administration of the state government of Jammu and Kashmir. The board runs more than 10,609 schools across the state and employs 22,300 teachers.
According to its official website, the purposes of the board are to:
- Secure that education should relate intimately to the development of potentialities of the youth, to the national needs and to the aspirations of the people
- Discover talent and nurture it;
- Promote equality of opportunity by providing necessary facilities;
- Help generally to raise the standard of living and productivity of the State and achieve closer and willing participation of the people in a democratic process ;
- Regulate, control and develop education in the State of Jammu and Kashmir up to the Higher Secondary level by providing varied courses with a view to equipping pupils for different occupations, for education in the universities and other cultural purposes and to examine candidates and to award certificates to successful candidates and doing all other things incidental thereto.
The Board consists of:
- The chair of the Board
- The Principal Secretary to Government Education Department
- The Director of School Education, Kashmir
- The Director of School Education, Jammu
- A representative from each of the two Universities of Kashmir and Jammu. Each representative is appointed by Council of the University involved.
- Four school teachers, two men and two women. They are appointed by the Government. The male teachers are concerned in the education of boys, and the female teachers in that of girls.
- A well-known expert in education who is not part of the administration, but who is appointed by the Government
- A representative of the Teachers' Training Institutions. This representative is appointed by the Government.
- One man from among the Principals and Headmasters of teaching institutions in the State, appointed by the Government.
- One woman from among the Principals and Headmistress of teaching institutions in the State, appointed by the Government.
The board is empowered to specify the courses of instruction and create syllabi for them, and to select textbooks for the for the elementary, and secondary schools and for the Higher secondary (School gradation) school examinations; to conduct public examinations and publish the results at the Secondary School and Higher Secondary levels; to Grant diplomas or certificates to people who have passed its examinations; to recognize educational institutions at the Secondary School and Higher Secondary levels, and conduct inspections of recognized institutions, ensuring that required facilitates, equipment, and staff are in place, that only the approved books and courses are taught, and that the standards are in accord with the relevant regulations; to remove recognition from schools that do not meet the proper conditions; to supervise and control the recognized institutions; and exercise various other powers given to it by law.
The exams conducted by the Board are:
- Higher Secondary - Part II Bi-Annual (Pvt)
- Matric Bi-Annual - Srinagar
- Jammu - Annual Private Class X
- Higher Secondary - Pt II Annual (Pvt) - Jammu Prov.
- Jammu - Annual Regular Class X
- Higher Secondary Pt II Annual (Reg.) Jammu Prov.
- Higher Secondary Pt II Annual (Pvt.) Kashmir Prov.
- Srinagar - Annual Private Class X
- Higher Secondary Part Two - Kashmir - Annual
Some notable affiliate schools
- B B S V Peeth,Udhampur,Jammu
- Iqbal Memorial Institute, Bemina Srinagar
- SMD High School, Munawarabad, Srinagar
- National High School, Karan Nagar, Srinagar
- Royal Public School , Illahi Bagh ,Srinagar
- Burn Hall SchoolSonwar, Srinagar
- Presentation Convent High School Srinagar
- Tyndale Biscoe School Lalchowk, Srinagar
- St. Joseph's School (Baramulla)
- govt.SRML school Jammu
- Lal Ded Memorial School
- Skylight Higher Secondary School, Pampore
- Al-Huda Public School
- R.S.Jagriti Niketan School,Kathua District
- Geographicus Public School, Shopian
- Motherland High School Kaka Mohalla Khawaja Bazar, Srinagar
- City Central Educational Institute Khanyar, Srinagar
- Green Valley Educational Institute Elahi Bagh, Buchpora, Srinagar
- Salfia Muslim Institute Parray Pora, Bagaat, Budgam.
- ST. Paul's Convent Convent School, Haripur, Kathua.
- "JKBOSE A PROFILE". Official site. Retrieved 4 March 2010.
- Exams Conducted
|This Indian school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|