Each new number of the magazine is posted at the Web site piece by piece until the new issue is full, when the next issue starts. Past issues remain posted as well. Most of the material is original to the magazine, "but some is excerpted from or co-produced with hard-to-get books and magazines, partly to help them find new readers", according to the Jacket website.
Peter Forbes called Jacket the "prince of online poetry magazines".
- Best of the Net award from the (Poetry) Mining Company in New York in December 1997.
- Site of the Month at the Electronic Poetry Center site in Buffalo, New York, in November 1997 and December 1999
- Recommended Site in the Web Del Sol Literary Ring site for Poetry in December 1997
- Featured Site on the Booksmith Bookstore’s "Literary Links" site in San Francisco, April 1998,
- "Page One Award" site on the Fiction Webring in 1999
- Encyclopædia Britannica Internet Guide Award site, January 2000
|This article about a literary magazine published in Australia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|