||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2010)|
Israel Cruz in April 2011
|Birth name||Israel Cruz|
|Genres||Pop, dance, R&B|
|Occupations||Singer, songwriter, rapper, record producer|
Israel Cruz is an Australian singer-songwriter and record producer. Cruz was born in Quezon City, Philippines and at the age of 13 moved to Melbourne, Australia with his family. He currently lives in Sydney, Australia with friends and has written and performed with Australian singer Stan Walker.
His single, "Party Up", was released as a digital download and an extended play. It peaked at number 33 on the Australian Singles Chart, becoming Cruz's highest-charting single since 2004's "Old Skool Luv". "Party Up" was certified Gold by the Australian Recording Industry Association (ARIA) for shipping 35,000 copies. Regarding the song's reception, Cruz stated in an interview with Dominic Di Francesco of Rhyme and Reason: "I feel like it’s been good. For me, it’s not about having a #1 record. I focus on making good music that the people like. I’ve seen so many artists have so much more than me [with regards to] the deals that they get. But I haven’t needed a job since about 2004. I’ve learnt how to make money off music. I just love putting out records and I love the response “Party Up” has been getting. I feel like I’m always going to be the guy who makes these street anthems. One day, if it crosses over, thank God. But my thing is making music I like, putting it out and if the people love it – great!"
|2004||"Wake Up With You"||44||Chapter One|
|2005||"Old Skool Luv" (featuring Valerii & Kg)||18|
|"Work Da Middle Pt. 2" (featuring Thara)||59|
|2007||"Do It Again"||—||The Legacy|
|"Gemini" featuring Fabolous||—|
|2012||"Save My Life"(featuring Elen Levon)||—|
|"Body"(featuring The Twins)||—|
|"—" denotes releases that failed to chart.|
|2012||"Hey Girl"(Dean Cassidy featuring Israel Cruz)||Non-album single|
- Jessica Mauboy
Awards and nominations
|Urban Music Awards Australia and New Zealand 2006||Best R&B Single – Work Da Middle||Himself||Nominated|
|Urban Music Awards Australia and New Zealand 2006||Best R&B Album – Chapter One||Himself||Nominated|
|Urban Music Awards Australia and New Zealand 2006||Best Video Clip – Work Da Middle||Himself||Nominated|
|APRA Music Awards 2006||Best Urban Music Songwriter||Himself||Nominated|
|Urban Music Awards Australia and New Zealand 2007||Best R&B Single||Himself||Winner|
|Urban Music Awards Australia and New Zealand 2007||Best Male Artist||Himself||Nominated|
|APRA Music Awards 2007||Best Urban Music Songwriter||Himself||Nominated|
- Moran, Jonathan (7 August 2011). "Israel Cruz pitches in to help Aussie artists". The Daily Telegraph. News Limited. Retrieved 18 August 2011.
- "Party Up - Single - Israel Cruz". iTunes Store. Apple Inc. Retrieved 2012-06-19.
- "Party Up (Remixes) - Israel Cruz". iTunes Store. Apple Inc. Retrieved 2012-06-19.
- "Australian-charts.com – Israel Cruz – Party Up". ARIA Top 50 Singles. Hung Medien. Retrieved 2012-06-19.
- "ARIA Charts - Accreditations - 2012 Singles". Australian Recording Industry Association. Retrieved 2012-06-19.
- Francesco, Dominic Di (2011-10-20). "Exclusive: Israel Cruz Interview". Rhyme and Reason. Retrieved 2012-06-19.
- "The Legacy by Israel – Album". iTunes Store (Australia). Apple Inc. Retrieved 18 August 2011.
- "Discography Israel". Australian Charts Portal. Hung Medien. Retrieved 18 August 2011.
- "ARIA Charts – Accreditations – 2012 Singles". Australian Recording Industry Association (ARIA). Retrieved 11 February 2012.
- "Australia's Newest Pop Star Elen Levon — Preview Her "Naughty" Video!". Idolator. Buzz Media. 9 August 2011. Retrieved 18 August 2011.
- (CD liner). Been Waiting. Jessica Mauboy.
- (CD liner). Get 'Em Girls. Jessica Mauboy.
- (CD liner). Ricki-Lee: The Singles. Ricki-Lee Coulter.
- (CD liner). From the Inside Out. Stan Walker.
- "Work ID: 882162551: Lover Boy (Scarlette Belle)". American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers. Retrieved 18 August 2011.
- (CD liner). Third Strike (album). Tinchy Stryder.
Read in another language
This page is available in 1 language