The International Weightlifting Federation (IWF), headquartered in Budapest, is the international governing body for the sport of Olympic weightlifting.
The IWF was founded in 1905, and has 187 member nations. The IWF president is Dr. Tamás Aján of Hungary.
Originally called the Fédération Haltéphile International (FHI), it changed its name to IWF between the 1972 and 1976 Summer Olympics.
Its affiliated continental federations are:
- Weightlifting Federation of Africa (WFA);
- Asian Weightlifting Federation (AWF);
- European Weightlifting Federation (EWF);
- Oceania Weightlifting Federation (OWF);
- Pan American Weightlifting Confederation (PAWC).