Ian Collins (footballer)
|Full name||Ian Collins|
|Date of birth||24 October 1942|
|Height/Weight||175 cm / 74 kg|
1 Playing statistics to end of 1971 season .
Playing for the Carlton Football Club in the Victorian Football League between 1961–1971 he was part of the 1968 premiership side but missed the entire 1970 premiership winning season due to an achilles injury. He returned in 1971. Collins played as a tough back-pocket player in the back line and was recruited from Sale.
Collins became the Carlton Football Club's executive director following his coaching stint with Port Melbourne in the VFA, and, in 1993, became the Australian Football League's Director of Football Operations.
- Grant, Trevor (11 September 2002). "Clash of the Blues giants". Herald Sun (Melbourne, Australia). p. 77.
- Grant, Trevor (16 November 2002). "Blue Bruiser". Herald Sun (Melbourne, Australia). p. 23.
- Wilson, Caroline (29 February 2000). "League boss enters new arena". The Age (Melbourne, Australia). p. 2.
- "Determined Collins vows to lift Blues". Newcastle Herald (Newcastle, Australia). 13 November 2002. p. 86.
- "Collins quits Carlton". The Sunday Mail (Adelaide, Australia). 16 April 2006. p. 49.
- Ian Collins's statistics from AFL Tables
|Carlton Football Club president
|This Australian business biography is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Australian rules football biography of a person born in the 1940s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|