||This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page.
|Industry||Hospitality and Entertainment|
|Founder(s)||Charles Khabouth & Danny Soberano|
|Headquarters||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|Services||The Guvernment and Koolhaus Complex, VELD Music Festival, This Is London Nightclub, Cube Nightclub, Dragonfly Nightclub, La Société, Tattoo Rock Parlour, Spice Route, Coral Gables Country Club, Bisha Hotel & Residences|
Ink Entertainment is a hospitality and entertainment company headquartered in Toronto that maintains many types of properties; from nightclubs to restaurants, and even a country club and a hotel. Ink currently owns and operates Toronto's longstanding Guvernment and Koolhaus Entertainment Complex, This is London Nightclub, Dragonfly Nightclub on Niagara Fallsview Casino Resort grounds, Cube Nightclub and La Société. Ink in partnership with the Liberty Entertainment Group, is the parent company of Tattoo Rock Parlour and Spice Route. Their partnership has since grown to include The Coral Gables Country Club located in south Miami, Florida.Ink has also teamed up with Lifetime Developments with the launch of Bisha Hotel & Residences, the newest private label hotel and residence brand to originate in Toronto since The Four Seasons in the 1960s.
Guvernment KoolHaus Complex
The Guvernment is the name of a nightclub complex in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Opened in 1996, it was incarnated from the former RPM nightclub, which closed its doors after several years at the same location. The Kool Haus is often used as a venue for concerts and live performances. In 2008, The Guvernment was voted #8 nightclub in the world in DJMag's Top 100 Clubs. Additional concept rooms include Haven, The Gallery, Surface, Chroma and the rooftop patio, Skybar. The complex is located directly across from Lake Ontario, in downtown Toronto. The Guvernment KoolHaus Complex is Canada’s largest and longest running entertainment complex, with a capacity of over 5000. This complex has hosted Tiësto, Coldplay, Deadmau5, Avicii, Afrojack, Bob Dylan, Lady Gaga, David Guetta, Common, N.E.R.D, The Black Eyed Peas, Armin Van Buuren, and many more over the years. Popular events held in this complex include Decadence and Labour of Love.
This Is London
This Is London Toronto is a multilevel nightclub, which features numerous bars, various private lounges, a ladies spa and a capacity of 1,200. It is set in a renovated warehouse in Toronto’s Entertainment district. Many famous acts have played at This Is London, including Fedde le Grand, Rebecca & Fiona, Steve Aoki, and more.
Cube, formally known as Ultra Supper Club, is a nightclub located in downtown Toronto that can hold up to 650 people between its indoor lounge and rooftop patio. Inspired by sixties and seventies contemporary design, Cube features nostalgic retro detailing to reflect the cubist art and fashion of the time.
Tattoo Rock Parlour
Tattoo Rock Parlour is Canada's only tattoo parlor and bar. Tattoo has welcomed the likes of The Killers, Nickelback, Avril Lavigne, Gene Simmons, Drew Barrymore, Slash and Broken Social Scene. It includes a two-level event space that can over 400.
Bisha Hotel & Residences
Bisha Hotel & Residences, Toronto is the joint venture of INK Entertainment and Lifetime Developments. It is a new private label hotel and residence brand named after INK founder, Charles Khabouth’s childhood nickname, Bisha. It was designed by award-winning Wallman Architects and Munge Leung Design Associates and will stand 41 stories tall when complete. Bisha will be complete by 2015. The Bisha Presentation Centre has hosted many events including features by Sir Richard Branson and John Legend.
Veld Music Festival
The Veld Music Festival is a two-day Music Festival in Toronto, Ontario, that is held at Downsview Park by INK Entertainment. Veld is Canada's biggest Electronic Music Festival. The inaugural event is taking place on August 4 and 5, 2012, and will feature some of the biggest stars and labels in Electronic Dance Music, according to DJMag's Top 100 DJ list. The inaugural line-up will include headliners Deadmau5 and Avicii alongside Aaron Korman, Knife Party, Steve Aoki, Chris Lake, Michael Woods, Deniz Koyu, Flipside, Bassnectar, Nicky Romero, Max Vangeli & AN21, Mord Fustang, Swanky Tunes, Darth & Vader, Manzone & Strong, Tommy Trash, Cazzette, Savoy, Krewella, Dallas K, Kill The Noise, AbdeCaf, Dvbbs, Gareth Emery, Cosmic Gate, Ben Gold, Aly & Fila, Pierce Fulton, and Mark Oliver. Being held at Downsview Park will give room for up to 40,000 in attendance.
- "INK ENTERTAINMENT | INK Entertainment Proudly Presents VELD Music Festival 2012". Newswire.ca. 2012-04-23. Retrieved 2012-08-20.
- DJ Mag
- "Guvernment Nightclub (Toronto)". Clubcrawlers.com. Retrieved 2012-08-20.
- "World's Best Bars". Worldsbestbars.com. Retrieved 2012-08-20.
- Lau, Gizelle (2012-02-24). "Introducing: Cube, Charles Khabouth’s newest incarnation of Ultra Supper Club | Opening". torontolife.com. Retrieved 2012-08-20.
- "Ultra Set to Reopen as CUBE". Notable.ca. Retrieved 2012-08-20.
- "Dragonfly Nightclub". Niagara.barstarsinc.com. Retrieved 2012-08-20.
- "New in Clubs: Tattoo Rock Parlour - Restaurants...". Toronto.com. Retrieved 2012-08-20.
- 03:07 PM (2011-06-15). "Charles Khabouth’s new bistro, La Société, brings 1920s Parisian charm to Bloor Street - Eat - June 2011 - Toronto". Postcity.com. Retrieved 2012-08-20.
- "Spice Route Asian Bistro & Bar (647) 977-6416, Toronto". Dine.TO. Retrieved 2012-08-20.
- "Two men and a Bisha". Nationalpost.com. 2010-11-19. Retrieved 2012-08-20.
- "DJ Mag". DJ Mag. Retrieved 2012-08-20.
- "TORONTO: VELD Music Festival FULL LINE UP". Danceradio.ca. 2012-04-12. Retrieved 2012-08-20.
- "Toronto’s bowl of rock a natural for big sound". thestar.com. Retrieved 2012-08-20.
- "VELD Music Festival | Downsview Park". Downsviewpark.ca. 2012-08-05. Retrieved 2012-08-20.