Huntsville High School (Arkansas)
|Huntsville High School|
|594 South Harris Street
Huntsville, Arkansas, 72740
|School district||Huntsville School District|
|NCES District ID||0508130|
|Authority||Arkansas Department of Education (ADE)|
|NCES School ID||050813000538|
|Student to teacher ratio||13.95|
|Education system||ADE Smart Core curriculum|
|Athletics conference||5A West (2012-14)|
|Team name||Huntsville Eagles|
|USNWR ranking||Nationally Recognized;
|Feeder schools||Huntsville Junior High School|
|Affiliation||Arkansas Activities Association|
Huntsville High School is a comprehensive public high school serving students in grades nine through twelve in Huntsville, Arkansas, United States. It is one of three public high schools in Madison County and is the one of two high schools administered by the Huntsville School District. In 2012, Huntsville High School was nationally recognized with the Bronze Award by the U.S. News & World Report in its ranking of Best High Schools.
The student body makeup is 49 percent male and 51 percent female, and the total minority enrollment is 27 percent. The assumed course of study follows the Smart Core curriculum developed the Arkansas Department of Education (ADE), which requires students to complete 22 credit units before graduation. Students engage in regular and Advanced Placement (AP) coursework and exams. Huntsville High School is accredited by AdvancED (formerly North Central Association) since 1992.
The Huntsville High School mascot is the eagle with school colors of red and white.
The Huntsville Eagles participate in various interscholastic activities in the 5A West Conference administered by the Arkansas Activities Association. The school athletic activities include baseball, basketball (boys/girls), bowling, competitive cheer, cross country (boys/girls), football, golf (boys/girls), softball, swimming and diving (girls), tennis (boys/girls), volleyball, and wrestling.
- Golf: The girls golf team won a state golf championship in 1997.
Clubs and traditions
Beyond athletic activities, students participate in a full range of clubs and organizations including Chess Club, Choir, Student Council, National Beta Club, Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA), Future Farmers of America (FFA), Mu Alpha Theta (math honor society), Student Reporters, Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA), Family, Career and Community Leaders of America (FCCLA), Health Occupations Students of America (HOSA), and Band.
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Huntsville School District". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved Sep 07 2012.
- "Search for Public Schools - School Detail for Huntsville High School". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved Sep 07 2012.
- "School Profile, Clarksville High School". Arkansas Activities Association. Retrieved Sep 07 2012.
- "Best High Schools". U.S. News & World Report. Retrieved Sep 07 2012.
- "School Profile, Huntsville High School". AdvancED. Retrieved Sep 09 2012.
- "Scholars of the Presidential Scholars Program 2010". U.S. Department of Education. Retrieved Sep 09 2012.