Hungry Sally & Other Killer Lullabies
|Hungry Sally & Other Killer Lullabies|
|Studio album by Tito & Tarantula|
|Recorded||Track Record Studios
|Tito & Tarantula chronology|
Hungry Sally & Other Killer Lullabies is the second studio album by Tito & Tarantula, released in 1999. It is less known than their previous album, Tarantism, but is probably their best known work apart from that.
This album was their first to feature drummer Johnny "Vatos" Hernandez, who had been hired as a percussionist shortly after the release of Tarantism, replacing Nick Vincent. Hernandez, who previously had played in the new wave band Oingo Boingo, provided a more solid, powerful drumming sound for the band, as opposed to Vincent's highly blues-influenced style. The album also featured the departure of multi-instrumentalist Lyn Bertles, who the band chose not to replace, reducing it to a four-piece. Instead, all the violin and mandolin parts were recorded by session musician Petra Haden. The band later elected to hire Andi Figueroa for the position when they went on tour, who played on their next album, Little Bitch, as a session musician.
- "Bleeding Roses" (Peter Atanasoff, Tito Larriva, Jennifer Condos, Lyn Bertles, Nick Vincent) - 5:48
- "When You Cry" (Atanasoff, Larriva, Condos, Johnny "Vatos" Hernandez, Petra Haden) - 5:55
- "Love in My Blood" (Atanasoff, Larriva, Condos, Bertles, Vincent) - 3:57
- "Slow Dream" (Atanasoff, Larriva, Condos, Bertles, Vincent, Hernandez) - 4:20
- "Hungry Sally" (Atanasoff, Larriva, Condos, Hernandez, Haden) - 5:46
- "My German Fräulein" (Atanasoff, Larriva, Condos, Bertles, Vincent, Hernandez) - 4:26
- "Betcha Can't Play" (Atanasoff, Larriva, Condos, Hernandez, Haden) - 1:34
- "Clumsy Beautiful World" (Atanasoff, Larriva, Condos, Hernandez, Haden) - 3:44
- "Devil's in Love" (Atanasoff, Larriva, Condos, Hernandez, Haden) - 4:06
- "Woke up Blind" (Atanasoff, Larriva, Condos, Hernandez, Haden) - 10:51
- "Pieces of Time (All in a Line)" (Atanasoff, Larriva, Condos) - 5:12
A hidden track appears at the end of "Pieces of Time (All in a Line)" entitled "Crucified", written by Larriva and Atanasoff, which pushes the track to a length of 10:39.
- Peter Atanasoff - lead guitar, backing vocals
- Tito Larriva - rhythm guitar, lead vocals, recorder, "one finger" piano, engineer
- Jennifer Condos - bass, backing vocals
- Johnny "Vatos" Hernandez - percussion, drums, backing vocals
- Petra Haden - violin, mandolin, additional guitar, additional recorder
- Chris "Up Yers" Rugulo - additional guitar, additional percussion, assistant engineer, "right hand"
- Julian Mack - piano, engineer, mixing, mastering
- Scotty Boy - background barking
- Sergio Garcia - assistant engineer
- Mike Terry - assistant engineer
- Chris Ballman - mastering
- Andre Recke - executive producer, manager, band photos
- Gil Gastelum - "true believer"
- Gary Panter - illustrations
- Felix Mack - "digital stuff"
Read in another language
This page is available in 1 language