|Address||124/1, 100 feet Road, Ekkaduthangal
Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600 032
|Hotel chain||Hilton Hotels & Resorts|
|Opening date||28 February 2011|
|Architect||Wimberley Allison Tong & Goo (WATG)|
|Management||Hilton Hotels & Resorts|
|Rooms||253 (204 operational)|
Hilton Chennai is a five-star luxury hotel located on Inner Ring Road at Ekkaduthangal, Chennai, India. It is located next to the Olympia Technology Park in Guindy and is close to the Kathipara Junction. Built in the Indo-Saracenic style with an initial investment of 4,000 million, it is Hilton's fourth Indian property after Hilton (Janakpuri), Hilton Garden Inn (Saket), both in New Delhi, and Hilton Mumbai International Airport. and was inaugurated by Indian Overseas Bank Chairman and Managing Director M. Narendra on 28 February 2011.
The 9-storied hotel is built on a 42-ground land and has 204 rooms, including 126 Hilton guest rooms, 60 executive rooms, 16 junior suites and 2 executive suites. The interiors were designed by Hong Kong's DiLeonardo and Dallas-based Wilson and Associates. There are 5 food and beverage offerings at the hotel, namely, Ayla (an Indian restaurant serving Kadaloram (coastal) cuisine), Vintage Bank (a Raj-style wine and cheese bar), Q Bar (a rooftop restaurant next to the pool), Vasco (an all-day restaurant with live kitchens on the third floor) and Est (a cafe on the ground floor).
The first floor has divisible 445 m2 ballroom, two meeting rooms and a boardroom with latest audio visual technology. The ballroom, named the Hilton Grand Ballroom, with a ceiling height of 4.8 m can hold 280 people.
The roof features an outdoor 15-foot by 80-foot (25 m) infinity swimming pool designed in such a way that guests can gaze at the cityscape while swimming laps.
In the second phase, which will add 150 rooms to the property, the group will invest another 1,500 million. The second phase is expected to be completed by 2014.
- "Media Room". Empee Group. Retrieved 15-Nov-2011.
- "Hilton's Chennai property to open today". The Financial Express. 28 February 2011. Retrieved 15-Nov-2011.
- "Hilton Chennai opens". The Hindu (Chennai: The Hindu). 1 March 2011. Retrieved 15-Nov-2011.
- "Empee unveils Hilton Chennai hotel". The Hindu (Chennai: The Hindu). 26 February 2011. Retrieved 15-Nov-2011.
- Anand, Swati (27 January 2011). "5-star platter for city". The Times of India epaper (Chennai: The Times Group). Retrieved 5-Jan-2012.
- Mamtora, Anushya (2011). "Hilton Chennai review - A chic cocoon in Chennai's backyard". Business Line (Chennai: The Hindu). Retrieved 15-Nov-2011.
- "Hilton Chennai Hotel" (PDF). Hilton e-Brochures. 14 November 2011. Retrieved 15-Nov-2011.
- Otley, Tom (23 August 2011). "Hotel check: Hilton Chennai". Business Traveller (Chennai: BusinessTraveller.com). Retrieved 16-Nov-2011.
- Karantzavelou, Vicky (4 March 2011). "Hilton Hotels & Resorts opens first hotel in Chennai, India". Travel Daily News (Chennai: TravelDailyNews.com). Retrieved 16-Nov-2011.
- Hoge, Sharon King (1 July 2011). "Hilton Chennai". Global Traveler (Chennai). Retrieved 15-Nov-2011.