Hermitage High School (Virginia)
||This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2012)|
|Hermitage High School|
|8301 Hungary Spring Road
Henrico, Virginia 23228
|School type||Public high school|
|School district||Henrico County Public Schools|
|Superintendent||Dr. Patrick Russo|
|Assistant Principals||Diane Saunders
Robert A. Turpin, III
Stacy M. Palkovics
|Color(s)||Red and Blue|
|Tech Center Principal||Mrs. LaRhonda F. Mason|
|Tech Center Assistant Principal||Mr. Bernard S. Davis III|
|Rival Schools||Deep Run High School
Mills E. Godwin High School
John Randolph Tucker High School
Glen Allen High School
|Athletic Conference||Virginia High School League
AAA Central Region
AAA Colonial District
Hermitage High is a public Henrico County high school located in Richmond, Virginia. The mascot of Hermitage High School is the Panther. Hermitage High School has athletic facilities with concrete High School Football stadiums and Rubber-turf Field Tracks.
Athletics and music
Hermitage is home to many athletic teams/sports including Football, Baseball, Basketball, Wrestling, Cross country, Indoor and Outdoor Track, Soccer, Field Hockey, Volleyball, Golf, Tennis, Softball, Competition Cheerleading Squad, Dance Team, and Step team.
The Humanities Center is one of the Specialty Centers of Henrico County, focusing on the connection between literature, history, philosophy, and the arts. Students in the Humanities Center also get to practice their humanitarian skills by performing volunteer work for every year that they participate in the center. The program provides students with an opportunity to pursue a rigorous interdisciplinary academic experience in the humanities while fulfilling graduation requirements for an advanced diploma with a Specialty Center seal. Because the center is located at Hermitage High School, students can also take advantage of all the sports, clubs, and resources of a large high school.
- Darren Sharper, Former NFL player for the Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings and lastly the New Orleans Saints where he they won Super Bowl XLIV.
- Jamie Sharper, Former NFL player for the Baltimore Ravens, when they won Super Bowl XXXV. He later played for the Houston Texans and Seattle Seahawks
- Queen Harrison, U.S. Olympic Team 2008 Track and field.
- Chris Copeland, NBA player for the New York Knicks.
- Shawn Barber, Former NFL player and currently a coaching intern for the Philidelphia Eagles, a team he had two separate stints playing for.
- Fontel Mines, Former NFL player for the Chicago Bears.
- Duane Brown, NFL Player and first round pick for The Houston Texans.
- Josh Vaughan, NFL Player Atlanta Falcons
- Orlando Jordan, Former Professional Wrestler for the WWE and TNA Wrestling
- Paul Woody, "Hard work, confidence key Sharper’s NFL success", Richmond Times-Dispatch, December 6, 2009.
- "Scout.com: Jamie Sharper Profile". Hou.scout.com. Retrieved 2010-04-23.
- "Queen Harrison | Athletes | USA Track and Field". Trackfield.teamusa.org. 1988-09-10. Retrieved 2010-04-23.
- "Chris Copeland".
- "Shawn Barber".
- "Fontel Mines".
- "Duane Brown".