Gurnee Mills at sunset
|Location||Gurnee, Illinois, United States|
|Opening date||August 8, 1991|
|Developer||Simon Property Group|
|Owner||Simon Property Group|
|No. of stores and services||200|
|No. of anchor tenants||16|
|Total retail floor area||1,800,000 sq. ft.|
|No. of floors||1|
Gurnee Mills is an indoor mall, established in Gurnee, Illinois, a village west of Waukegan, Illinois. It's located about halfway between Chicago and Milwaukee, Wisconsin, a 40 minute drive either way, and near Six Flags Great America. It is a single-level Z-shaped mall. At 1,800,000 square feet (170,000 m2) of gross leasable area, it is the fourth largest mall in Illinois, and is visited by more than 20 million people each year. Gurnee Mills opened on August 8, 1991.
Gurnee Mills was initially owned by Mills Corporation. In 2007, the Simon Property Group acquired the Mills Corporation. In April 2010, plans for a $5 million renovation were announced. The renovations are expected to take up to 3 years to be completed. Some parts of the rehab have been delayed, but new retailers continue to open. As of May 24, 2011 Macy's was announced to be opening in the mall, on the former site of the Circuit City store sometime in 2013.
Junior Anchors↑Jump back a section
- "Mills Limited Partnership, 10-K". 2005-03-31.
- "About Gurnee Mills". Simon Company. Retrieved 1 November 2011.
- Sandra M. Jones (April 28, 2010). "Gurnee Mills to get $5 million facelift". Chicago Breaking Business. Retrieved October 17, 2010.
- Angela D. Sykora (October 14, 2010). "Rehab delays at Gurnee Mills". Gurnee Review. Retrieved October 20, 2010.
- "News". Simon Company. Retrieved 1 November 2011.