|This article is being considered for deletion in accordance with Wikipedia's deletion policy.
Please share your thoughts on the matter at this article's entry on the Articles for deletion page.
Feel free to edit the article, but the article must not be blanked, and this notice must not be removed, until the discussion is closed. For more information, particularly on merging or moving the article during the discussion, read the Guide to deletion.
|Birth name||John Overlie|
|Origin||Ballard, Seattle, Washington, USA|
Northwest hip hop
Grynch (real name John Overlie) is a rapper based in Seattle, Washington. Grynch is popular in his native Seattle and surrounding areas, having played at many local venues and collaborating with established Seattle rappers such as Blue Scholars,Macklemore, and national artists such as Nas. Grynch has also been featured on Funkmaster Flex's show on NYC's Hot 97. Grynch attended Ballard High School and later Pacific Lutheran University in Parkland, Washington, south of Seattle. Grynch has been covered in nationally recognized music media including Billboard and Spinner.
|Jan 2008||My Second Wind|
|July 2009||Chemistry EP|
|Oct 2009||Chemistry 1.5|
- Erika Hobart (January 23, 2008). "When it Comes to His Own Work, Grynch Cant Get No Satisfaction – Page 1 – Music – Seattle". Seattle Weekly. Retrieved November 11, 2011.
- By Katelyn in Arts & Events on April 18, 2008 1:00 pm (April 18, 2008). "We Interview: Grynch, King of Ballard". Seattlest. Retrieved November 11, 2011.
- [dead link]
- "Matson on Music | Music Monday: Grynch, Beat Connection, Macklemore | Seattle Times Newspaper". Seattletimes.nwsource.com. November 1, 2010. Retrieved November 11, 2011.
- tdot (March 9, 2010). "Grynch Interview: SXSW 2010". Spinner. Retrieved November 11, 2011.
- Up for Discussion Jump to Forums. "Grynch Sounds Off On Seattle Hip-Hop". Billboard. Retrieved November 11, 2011.