|Genre||Indie rock, Alternative rock, Folk, Hip Hop|
|Country of origin||United States, United Kingdom|
|Location||New York, NY (U.S.)
London, England (U.K.)
Glassnote Records (also known as the Glassnote Entertainment Group) is an independent record label that was launched by American music executive, Daniel Glass, in 2007. The label primarily has a lineup of indie rock and alternative rock artists. The label's music is distributed by Sony Music's RED Distribution.
Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix
Mumford & Sons
In February 2011, Mumford & Sons' Sigh No More became the label's highest charting album, peaking at #2. That same month, Mumford & Sons' single "The Cave" became the label's first Top 40 chart placement on the Billboard Hot 100, peaking at #27. The September 2012 release of the band's second album, Babel, gave the label its first ever #1 album on the Billboard 200 and the label's first album to win the Grammy Award for Album of the Year.
Hip hop release
Awards↑Jump back a section
- I Hate Kate - Embrace the Curse (April 4, 2007)
- Everlea - Everlea (May 11, 2007)
- Secondhand Serenade - Awake (May 22, 2007)
- Blowing Trees - Blowing Trees (March 18, 2008)
- Justin Nozuka - Holly (April 15, 2008)
- Secondhand Serenade - A Twist in My Story (February 18, 2009)
- Phoenix - Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix (May 26, 2009)
- Jonas Sees in Color - Jonas Sees in Color (September 29, 2009)
- Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More (October 6, 2009)
- The Temper Trap - Conditions (October 13, 2009)
- Justin Nozuka - You I Wind Land and Sea (April 13, 2010)
- Two Door Cinema Club - Tourist History (April 27, 2010)
- Kele - The Boxer (June 21, 2010)
- Secondhand Serenade - Hear Me Now (August 2010)
- Royal Bangs - Flux Outside (March 2011)
- Secondhand Serenade - Weightless EP (May 2011)
- Givers - In Light (June 2011)
- Childish Gambino - Camp (November 2011)
- Oberhofer - Time Capsules II (March 2012)
- The Temper Trap - The Temper Trap (May 18, 2012)
- Two Door Cinema Club - Beacon (September 4, 2012)
- Mumford & Sons - Babel (September 21, 2012)
- Chvrches - Recover EP (March 25, 2013)
- Little Green Cars - Absolute Zero (March 26, 2013)
- Phoenix - Bankrupt! (April 22, 2013)
- Winter Music Conference (2011). "WMC 2011 SCHEDULE PANELIST". Winter Music Conference. Winter Music Conference. Retrieved 1 September 2012.
- Liz Colville (31). "Phoenix Wins Grammy for Best Alternative Album". Spinner. AOL Inc. Retrieved 1 September 2012.
- Arjun (23). "Childish Gambino Signs to Glassnote Records". sunsetintherearview.com. sunsetintherearview.com. Retrieved 2 September 2012.
- Glassnotemusic.blogspot.com, "Glassnote", April 28, 2011.
|This article about a United States independent record label is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
Read in another language
This page is available in 1 language