|Chinese name||鄧紫棋 (Traditional)|
|Jyutping||Dang6 Zi2 Kei4 (Cantonese)|
|Birth name||Gloria Tang Shi-wing
Dang6 Si1 Wing6 (Cantonese)
Dèng Shīyǐng (Mandarin)
16 August 1991 |
|Occupation||Musician, singer, songwriter, actress|
|Genre(s)||Pop, soul, R&B|
|Instrument(s)||Vocals, guitar, piano, drums|
|Voice type(s)||Whistle register, soprano, alto|
|Label(s)||Hummingbird Music (HK)
Sony Music Entertainment (TW)
G.E.M Tang Zhi-kei 鄧紫棋 (born Gloria Tang on 16 August 1991), is a Hong Kong singer, songwriter, and actress. Short for "Get Everybody Moving", the unique name G.E.M. symbolizes her dream of inspiring people through her voice and music. Her first EP G.E.M. brought her the attention of the music industry, winning her the title of ‘Best New Artist’ in nine awards. In the same year, G.E.M appeared on two feature films, Love Connected (保持愛你) and Trick or Cheat (愛出猫).
In June 2012, G.E.M worked with iTunes Live@Hong Kong and performed with Jason Mraz, in anticipation of her album release Xposed on iTunes. G.E.M was chosen by iTunes itself to represent 13 of the Asian countries, and performed a bilingual rendition of Lucky with Jason Mraz himself . The clip was posted on the Chinese website Sino and Tudou, which has more than 1 million views. The album, which represents a more mature side of G.E.M features the chart-topping lead single Someday I'll Fly, the second plug What Have U Done and latest single Miracle, which were all penned by the singer-songwriter. On the day of its digital release, which was an iTunes exclusive only, G.E.Ms album was featured on the front of the iTunes store and her single reached number 9 on the top 10 positions within the first 2 days, out selling Linkin Park. G.E.Ms single What Have You Done reached number 1 on four of Hong Kong's music charts (RTHK Chinese Pop (中文歌曲龍虎榜), CRHK Ultimate 903 (903專業推介), Metro Radio Pop Chart 997 (新城勁爆本地榜 and JSG Billboard (勁歌金榜)), with the album reaching number 1 on half of Hong Kong’s Radio Charts (HKRM (香港唱片商會)). The album maintained the number 1 position for the 5 weeks, and has proved to the industry that G.E.M is here for the long haul.
With her popularity on the rise, G.E.M has acted as the ambassador for many Charity events. As an influential role model for Chinese youth, G.E.M. supports the Project Kaisei – a non-profit organization focused on increasing awareness of the scale of marine debris and the solutions for both prevention and cleanup. She also actively promotes another charity group called Changing Young Lives Foundation, which commits itself in helping underprivileged youngsters and changing young lives for the better, in both Hong Kong and the Mainland.
G.E.M's YouTube channel has received more than 50 million views, averaging with 2 million views per month, which is an 173% increase in the year 2011. G.E.M also has over 2.5 million followers on the website Weibo, and potentially reaches over 26 million people on Facebook. On average, one million users see her posts on Facebook each week, where as each post reaches 150 thousand users. G.E.M's following is not restricted to Hong Kong and China, with a wide range of fans from Taiwan, Macau, USA, Canada, Australia, UK and other SE Asia. With such a large following throughout the world, G.E.M has sold out many concerts.
Early life and career beginnings
G.E.M was born in Shanghai and moved to Hong Kong at the age of four. She was brought up in a musical family, her mother graduating from the Shanghai Conservatory of Music, her grandmother teaching singing, her uncle playing the violin and her grandfather playing the saxophone for an orchestra. G.E.M.’s own musical life began when she was five, and she appeared on Educational Television for Mandarin when she was seven. G.E.M. started writing songs as a composer at the age of ten entering many singing competitions, winning inter-school singing competitions. When she was 13, she achieved a grade 8 in piano.
In 2006, G.E.M entered the “Spice it Up” competition in which she won first place. She caught the attention of her now-manager, Tan Chang, who offered her a contract with Hummingbird Music thus becoming a professional singer at 16. G.E.M graduated from Heep Wah Primary School and True Light Girls' College in Yau Ma Tei, Hong Kong, scoring 21 points on the HKCEE. G.E.M continued with her education at the Hong Kong Academy for Performing Arts in acoustics, as a part-time student. However, her busy schedule made her unable to attend classes frequently, and she decided to quit the course during the first half of 2009.
G.E.M was highly successful in her debut year, 2008, winning ten major awards. G.E.M released her first EP featuring the award-winning song "Where Did You Go." G.E.M won the gold new female singer award from CRHK Ultimate 903 (903專業推介 sponsored by Manhattan ID 信用咭), becoming the first minor to win the award. The media gave G.E.M nicknames such as “巨肺少女” and “巨肺小天后” meaning "Girl with Giant Lungs" and "the Young Empress of Heaven with Giant Lungs" respectively because of her B♭3-E6 vocal range, and she had performed songs by Whitney Houston in a number of occasions.
In May 2009, G.E.M went to Los Angeles, California, to record her first studio album, 18... with Hummingbird co-founder and producer Lupo Groining. Upon her return to Hong Kong in December, G.E.M proceeded to travel to Toronto and Richmond Hill in Canada for her first mini-concert in Canada, and held an autograph session in Pacific Mall. In the same year, G.E.M appeared in two feature films, Love Connected (保持愛你) and Trick or Cheat (愛出猫), and demonstrating her acting skills on the wide screen.
In May 2010, G.E.M stayed in Taiwan for ten days to promote the Taiwanese edition of 18.... After the promotional tour, G.E.M returned to Los Angeles to record her next album, My Secret with her producer Lupo Groining. The album was recorded in the span of ten days in Santa Monica. During her time in LA, G.E.M has also appeared at the US Swimming National Open Water Swimming Championships in Long Beach, California, as a youth ambassador for Project Kaisei.
MySecret Album and Get Everybody Moving World Tour: 2011
In 2010, G.E.M released her third album MySecret, with the majority of songs and lyrics written by herself, and became the top selling album in Hong Kong, outselling Taylor Swift’s album Speak Now. On 1 November, G.E.M released her album boxset MySecret Box Set, featuring her hits Get Over You, Good To Be Bad, and My Secret. The album also features three songs sung in Cantonease and seven sung in Mandarian, showing G.E.M's diverse musical influences in many languages. When the album was released to be pre-ordered online, the overwhelming amount of online traffic caused the website to freeze and crash.The album preceded to do extremely well on the Hong Kong music charts, with four of the singles reaching number one on 新城國語力. G.E.M's track 愛在當下 on the album was also chosen to be used as the theme song for Solar Project (太陽計劃2011), an event organised by RTHK that encourages young people in Hong Kong to make use of their summer. G.E.M was also approached to sing the theme song to the Japanese animated film The Borrower Arrietty (借東西の小矮人亞莉亞蒂). The Film proved to be a successes in the Box Office, winning Best Animated film in 2010 at the 34th annual Japanese film Awards.
The album became the best selling album in 2010 (IFPI), and won Most Popular Mandarin Single 2010 with “A.I.N.Y.”. G.E.M was also awarded the title of Most Popular Female Artist of China 2011, Most Popular Female Artist of China 2011, and the award of Outstanding Hong Kong Singer Song Writer 2011. The success of MySecret established G.E.M as a singer songwriter, which led to a sold out world tour in 2011.
In May 2011, G.E.M began her world tour G.E.M Get Everybody Moving World Tour, and performed in more than nine cities around the world. The tour showcased more than ten shows, including cities such as Hong Kong, Macau, Guangdong Provience, Australia, Toronto and Reno in USA. Tickets each of the three shows in Hong Kong were sold out in less than 15 minutes, and even caused the server of the website to crash due to an overload of users. Seeing as there was a high demand for more shows, G.E.M added an additional two nights at the Hong Kong Colosseum in September 2011. Tickets for the additional shows were sold out in less than 45 minutes.
In March 2012, G.E.M represented Hong Kong in three of the Asia Music Connection 2012 shows. She sung with Naoto Into Raymi, Danson Tang and Crowd Lu in Japan, Taiwan and Hong Kong during the Asia leg of theTour.
On 27 June 2012, G.E.M worked with iTunes Live @ Hong Kong and performed with Jason Mraz during his Love Is A Four Letter Word Word Tour, along with Khalil Fong at the Hong Kong World Expo. G.E.M also collaborated with iTunes and released a digital copy of her fourth studio album Xposed on the same day, which was an iTunes exclusive only. The hard copy of the album was officially released a week later on 5 July. The album reached number 9 on the top 10 albums in Hong Kong, outselling Rock band Linkin Park. The album Xposed preceded to reached number 1 on RTHK's Global Chinese Pop Chart (全球華語歌曲排行榜) and 新城國語力.
On 8 July, G.E.M held an album signing at the Hong Kong Mall apm, which attracted more than a thousand fans to attend. The boxset Xposed was also released two days later. At the end of July, G.E.M began her promotional tour in Taiwan and held her first Taiwanese Concert in Riverside, Taiwan.
On 7 September, G.E.M released her music video for her track Miracle (奇蹟) which reached more than 90 thousand views in two days, thus demonstrating her popularity on social media sites.
During 2009, G.E.M. held her first concert, 18 Live, on 20th and 22 November at Hong Kong International Trade & Exhibition Centre Star Hall (香港國際展貿中心). Originally, the concert was slated for two nights, however, due to its popularity, an extra performance was added on the 22nd of November. The concert also featured guests such as Jan Lamb (林海峰), who has previously worked with G.E.M. for the song “食煙飲酒講粗口”, and Justin Lo (側田) who sang the first performance of “合唱歌” with G.E.M. at the concert.
G.E.M Freelance Tour
In January 2012, G.E.M announced on her personal page a new project that she will be working on. G.E.M explained that she began her career at the age of 16, and had never experienced working outside the field of music. Throughout the tour, G.E.M will choose to try out different job professions, taking on ideas and suggestions given by the fans through her personal page.
On 24 February, G.E.M released the Pilot episode of the series. The episode showcased G.E.M working at a juice stand in Causeway Bay. G.E.M took on the role of making pancakes and making fruit juices to a hungry crowd of fans and photographers.
On 22 March, G.E.M worked as a weather anchor for Asia Television Limited. The episode gave a behind the scenes look into the world of broadcasting. G.E.M's weather segment was featured after the evening news. The clip was recorded and published on YouTube, and hit 24 million views within 24 hours, and preceded to reached 33 million views within two days.
On the third episode of the Freelance tour, G.E.M decided to work as a domestic helper . G.E.M explained that she wanted to experience their working conditions and lifestyle, since these domestic workers have taken on such a profound and an important role in the Hong Kong lifestyle. The trailer  of the episode was posted on 18 May, whilst the full episode was broadcast on 21 May .
The episode received a lot of attention from the media, and was featured in the newspaper Apple Daily, entitled G.E.M Speaking for the minorities.
During her fourth episode, G.E.M attempted at working as a professional motorcyclist, but she also took 'time out' to become excavator operator .
In the fifth episode of the Freelance tour, G.E.M took on several summer jobs in the area of sales and services. These jobs ranged from working at a Mr. Whippys Ice Cream truck, 7-11 Convenience store shopkeeper and salesperson for Maybelline.
On the sixth episode of the Freelance tour, G.E.M. worked in Apple Daily, where she is the editor for the footages of her recent Awards Ceremony, and voice-over artist for Next Media Animation (Apple Action News).
On the seventh episode of the Freelance Tour, G.E.M. worked in Mai Po Nature Reserve as Educational Officer for World Wildlife Fund.
G.E.M. Get Everybody Moving World Tour Dates
G.E.M began the first leg of her World Tour on 14 May 2011 in Hong Kong at the Hong Kong Colosseum. G.E.M performed three shows back to back, and was named the youngest female singer to grace the Colosseum.
On 27 August, G.E.M held her first Australian Concert at the Sydney Entertainment Centre.
G.E.M began the second leg of her World Tour Get Everybody Moving 2011 on 9 September in Hong Kong, performing two shows at the Hong Kong Colosseum.
On 15 October, G.E.M held her first mainland concert at the Guangzhou Gymnasium, filling the stadium with more than 10,000 fans.
On 22 October, G.E.M performed at Macao’s Venetian Cotai Arena.
On 26 November, G.E.M released her G.E.M Get Everybody Moving 2011 DVD.
On 16 December, G.E.M had her first Canadian performance in Vancouver Canada. Three days later, on 19 December, G.E.M had her second Canadian performance in Toronto.
G.E.M began the third leg of her tour in April 2012 in China, performing at Foshan Shi and Panyu.
In May 2012, G.E.M had her first US performance in Reno, Nevada USA.
Brand New Star
Aside from being a singer, songwriter and performer, G.E.M has also had an active role in discovering new artists. In 2010, G.E.M and her music label Hummingbird Music Ltd. launched an online singing competition Brand New Star, which attracted many young and talented artists in Asia who entered the competition. G.E.M was a judge of the competition, and announced that the prize was a chance to work with music producer Lupo Groining. The winners of the 2010 & 2011 competitions were Robynn Yip and Jude Tsang.
The Borrower Arrietty (借東西の小矮人亞莉亞蒂) Theme Song
Singer-Songwriter G.E.M was asked to re-write a Chinese version of the theme song for the Japanese animated film The Borrower Arrietty.
Arrietty (classified under the title The Borrower Arrietty 借東西の小矮人亞莉亞蒂) is a 2010 Japanese animated fantasy film directed by Hiromasa Yonebayashi, written by Hayao Miyazaki and Keiko Niwa and produced by Studio Ghibli. The film is based on British novelist Mary Norton's novel The Borrowers, which was written in 1955. The Film proved to be a successes in the Box Office, winning Best Animated film in 2010 at the 34th annual Japanese film Awards.
With the help of Hummingbird Music, G.E.M has successfully gained a large online audience. G.E.M started her own personal YouTube channel  in July 2008, and has since gained just under 60 thousand subscribers in the span of four short years. . G.E.M's YouTube channel has received more than 50 million views, averaging with 2 million views per month, which is an 173% increase in the year 2011. G.E.M also has over 2.5 million followers on the website Weibo, and potentially reaches over 26 million people on Facebook. G.E.M's following is not restricted to Hong Kong and China, with a wide range of fans from Taiwan, Macau, USA, Australia, UK and other SE Asia, she has a large fan base across many countries. On average, one million users see her posts on Facebook each week, where as each post reaches 150 thousand users, thus demonstrating the significant amount of users that follow her online.
Through the means of social media, Hummingbird Music and G.E.M created a new business model that utilizes the Internet as a tool to promote their music. Combining the elements of creativity and the success of viral videos, Hummingbird Music came up with the idea of MySecret Puzzle. MySecret Puzzle is a competition, consisting six interactive videos which G.E.M posted on her YouTube page. In order to win the competition, the user must solve the clues and meanings hidden behind these viral videos. The five winners of the competition would have the opportunity of having G.E.M guest sing at their own home. The competition received an overwhelming response, and inspired G.E.M to promote even more interactive videos and games on her personal website.
With the successes of MySecret Puzzle, G.E.M featured a special surprise inside her album box set MySecret Boxset, which featured a special interactive cardboard code. The code, when paired with the webcam application on her official site, would provide her fans with a unique interactive video of G.E.M performing her single MySecret. The video was exclusive to the Boxset, and therefore could not be viewed on any other social media sites.
Helping those who are less fortunate than her has been a priority in G.E.M’s career. G.E.M has acted as an ambassador in trying to promote the awareness of several important charities, such as Famine 30, The Sun Project, Disneyland, Cervical Cancer Union and Changing Young Lives Foundation.
Acting as an ambassador for Changing Young Lives Foundation, G.E.M worked with the foundation to protect children from abuse, neglect and exploitation, ensuring that they are kept safe at all times with a sufficient enough of shelter, food, health care and education. During the press conference in July 2011, G.E.M called for everyone’s awareness and care towards the underprivileged children as well as their family. She hoped to spread out the message though her fans to a wider range of society, and promised that she will continue to support the foundation.
During April 2011, just a month before G.E.M’s sold out concert at the Hong Kong Coliseum, G.E.M experienced a death within the family. G.E.M’s grandmother passed away just weeks before G.E.M’s scheduled concert in May, thus not having the chance to watch her granddaughter perform. In loving memory of her grandmother, G.E.M dedicated a section of her concert especially to her, and sang Josh Groban’s You Raise Me Up, thanking her grandmother for her endless love and support. The song 不存在的存在, which features on G.E.M’s latest album Xposed, was written by G.E.M in loving memory of her.
G.E.M’s accent can lead her to being mistaken for a foreign singer. Her accent is caused by the shrinkage of her left jawbone, therefore, the upper and lower teeth do not close up completely, leaving a gap in between. When G.E.M speaks, air leaks through the gap. There are surgery operations to correct this problem, but doctors suggested she not undergo the surgery until she turned 21 when her body was fully developed. However, G.E.M has already announced that she has temporarily opted against the surgery because of its high risks, and the problem has not deteriorated in recent years.
|Ah Yee (阿儀)||Guest|
|Trick or Cheat
- 24 May：TVB音樂台Live House （11月9日）
- 21 July－1 August：TVB Playlet《理想前程有Say有Way》
- August：英皇娛樂台E之班街頭爭霸 Music Battle
- 2 October, 9 October：TVB Pay Vision Limited《星級廚房》
- 14 December：《大龍鳳茶樓》
- 12 January：娛樂直播
- 24 January：激優一族
- 31 January：型人型樂館
- 7 February：勁歌金曲（Part Time Host）
- 17 May：美女廚房
- 13 September：美女廚房《天堂地獄爭霸戰09》
- 20 September, 27 September：超級巨聲 Episode 10, Episode 11
- 16 October：勁歌金曲
- 7 November：翡翠歌星賀台慶
- 7 April︰亞洲電視《ATV2012感動香港人物推選》Host
- 4 May︰《勁歌金曲》
- 21 July︰《Music Café》
- 10 August：台視《百萬小學堂》
- 18 August：華視《天才衝衝衝》
|Year||Album information||Track List||Additional information|
October 15, 2008
2. "Where Did U Go"
|2009||G.E.M. (2nd Edition)
January 23, 2009
|First 1,000 copies includes a G.E.M picture CD containing the game Drift City.
All comes with download code for three music videos
|G.E.M. (3rd Edition)
April 22, 2009
|Comes with download code for three music videos & "Where Did U Go Version 2.0 Remix"|
October 27, 2009
|1. "All About U"
2. "Game Over"
4. "A.I.N.Y." (“愛你”)
5. Mascara (“煙燻妝”)
9. "G.E.M. (Get Everybody Moving)"
11. "Where Did You Go 2.0 (Sam Vahdat Remix)"
12. "Mascara (Glossy Version)"
13. “食煙飲酒講粗口” (3rd Edition only)
|Debut Studio Album|
October 27, 2009
|Limited Commemorative Edition 18 Plus comes with:
- G.E.M. Photo book 18 Pix
- Exclusive stickers
- G.E.M. Key Holder
- 18 flip book
- Making of 18...DVD (with "All About U" MV)
November 24, 2009
|Wooden USB (4GB) with
- all tracks in MP3 Format
- Making of 18...
- Wallpapers, Gallery & Icons
- Digital flipbook
- "All About U", "Game Over" & “想講你知” MV
|2010||18 (3rd Edition)
February 11, 2010
|Contains bonus DVD:
- Making of 18...
- "All About You", "Game Over" & “想講你知” MV
May 14, 2010
2. "A.I.N.Y." (“愛你”)
4. "Mascara" (“煙燻妝”)
8. "All About U"
9. "G.E.M. (Get Everybody Moving)"
11. "Game Over"
|All versions contain five postcards of G.E.M. & a bonus DVD with:
- “寫不完的溫柔”, "All About You", "Game Over" & “想講你知” MV
Deluxe version comes with the same bonus contents as 18 Plus
October 29, 2010
|1. "One Button"
2. "Good to be Bad"
3. "Get Over You"
4. “美好的舊時光 In My Heart”
5. “寂寞星球的玫瑰 The Rose”
6. "The Voice Within"
7. “我的秘密 My Secret”
8. “末日” "The End"
9. "Twinkle II"
10. "Say it Loud"
|My Secret Limited Edition
November 1, 2010
- Diary photo book
- "The Voice Within" Webcam-V Kit
- Secret bonus DVD (featuring latest music video and making of the album documentary)
- G.E.M. wallet
July 5, 2012
|1. "What Have U Done"
2. "下一秒 (我們就要死掉)"
3. "Someday I'll Fly"
6. "Oh Boy"
7. “After Tonight”
|Xposed Limited Edition
July 10, 2012
- Exclusive 'Xposed' photo album
- 'Xposed' multi-purpose necklace
- UV flashlight with hidden message
- 'Xposed' DVD:
01. Someday I'll Fly MV
02. Someday I'll Fly Behind The Scenes
03. WHAT HAVE U DONE MV
04. WHAT HAVE U DONE Behind The Scenes
Music pop chart
|RTHK Chinese Pop (中文歌曲龍虎榜)||CRHK Ultimate 903 (903專業推介)||Metro Radio Pop Chart 997 (新城勁爆本地榜)||JSG Billboard (勁歌金榜)||MOOV Chart (MOOV 本地榜)||KKBOX HK (香港KKBOX本地榜)||KKBOX TW (台灣KKBOX華語榜)|
|2008||“等一個他” The One||3||2||-||-||38||-||-|
|"Where Did You Go"||1||2||4||2||5||-||-|
|“睡公主” Sleeping Beauty||4||-||-||1||7||-||-|
|2009||“回憶的沙漏” (國) Sandglass||-||20||-||-||23||-||-|
|"All About U"||1||3||2||6||1 (2 wks)||-||-|
|“食煙飲酒講粗口” (林海峰 & G.E.M.)||-||13||-||-||5||-||-|
|"A.I.N.Y" (“愛你”) (國)A||1||-||-||-||4||1||42|
|2010||“想講你知” Gotta Say It||11||5||3||-||9||-||-|
|“合唱歌” (側田 & G.E.M.)||1||10||3||-||5||3||-|
|"Good to Be Bad"||3||8||1||3||5||4||-|
|"Get Over You"||3||1||4||2||1||2||-|
|"亞莉亞蒂之歌" Arrietty's Song||-||-||11||-||1||4||-|
|2011||"我的秘密" My Secret||5||-||-||-||-||5||-|
|"The Voice Within"||11||-||1||-||24||15||-|
|"寂寞星球的玫瑰" The Rose||3||-||-||-||53||32||-|
|"Say it Loud"||-||-||2||-||73||75||-|
|2012||"Someday I'll Fly"||1||2||1||-||7||5||-|
|"What Have U Done"||1||1||1||1||3||13||-|
|Total number of #1 singles||8||2||5||2||3||1||-|
Acharted May 2010 in Taiwan & Went to No. 1 in KKBOX Hong Kong in September, 2010
Album Sales Chart
June, August, September, December performance: Langham Place Live Show
31 August: Causeway Bay Live Show
9 October: Causeway Bay Pedestrian EP signing
21 November: G.E.M Backstage Live
13 December: Langham Place G.E.M EP signing
9 February: 左麟右李 Concert Guest
April: Leo Ku (古巨基) Eye Fever Concert Guest
12 April: Easter G.E.M Party
3 September: CD Bar [San Miguel x G.E.M. Summer Party]
6 September: EMax [G.E.M x Jason Chen MOOV Musical]
20 September: 叱咤叱叱咤幻想正発作音樂會
10 October: The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology 讓愛延續 慈善演唱會
14 November: I.T Loves G.E.M. Mini Concert
20 – 22 November: 18 Live 2009 Concert
16 December: G.E.M X Jonathan Wong [Sing. Compose. Jump] (M1 Bar)
28 December: G.E.M Toronto 18 Mini Concert
27 March: 港樂滬動音樂會
7 May: Guangzhou Rose Gaga Hennessy artistry
8 May: Shenzhen Rose Gaga Hennessy artistry
30 July: G.E.M. x MR. 拉闊音樂擂台
13 August: G.E.M. Live in Macau
31 December: Macau Fisherman's Wharf New Year's Eve Party
14 – 16 May: G.E.M. Get Everybody Moving 2011 Concert
25 June: Macau Forum 夢成匙 Concert
27 August: G.E.M. Get Everybody Moving Australia Concert
9–10 September : G.E.M. Get Everybody Moving 2011 Concert Part 2
15 October: G.E.M. Get Everybody Moving Guangzhou Concert
22 October : G.E.M. Get Everybody Moving Macau Concert
29 October: Langham Place Live Stage
16 December: G.E.M. Get Everybody Moving Vancouver Concert
19 December: G.E.M. Get Everybody Moving Toronto Concert
31 December: Macau Fisherman’s Wharf New Year's Eve Party
21 April: G.E.M. Get Everybody Moving Foshan Shi
29 April: G.E.M. Get Everybody Moving Panyu
26 May: G.E.M. Get Everybody Moving Reno, Nevada USA
16 September: G.E.M [Xposed] Album signing and singing party at Tuen Wan City Landmark
List Of Awards
- Yahoo! Buzz Awards New Influence Female Singer 2008
- 新城勁爆(Metro Radio Hits Music Awards Presentation) Music World Newcomer Composing Singer 2008
- MANHATTAN ID 信用咭 CR2 Female Newcomer Singer – Gold
- 十大中文金曲 (RTHK Top Ten Gold Songs Awards)Best Newcomer – Silver
- 十大勁歌金曲 (Jade Solid Gold Best Ten Music Awards Presentation) Best Female Newcomer – Gold
- PM magazine Best New Female Vocal Performance
- uChannel uChoice Best Female Newcomer – Gold
- uChannel uChoice Top 10 songs – Where Did U Go
- Canadian Hit Chinese Music Chart – Most Favored Female New Artist
- IFPI Hong Kong Sales Award – Best New Female New Artist
- 勁歌金曲 (Jade Solid Gold)First Round – Where Did You Go
- Guangzhou Chinese Music Festival – Fans favourite Female Singer
- Yes! IDOL 2009 Hong Kong General Idol Election – The Most Popular Rising Idol
- 新城 (Metro Radio) Mandarin Awards – Metro Broadcast New Mandarin Singer
- 勁歌金曲 (Jade Solid Gold) Third Round – Game Over
- TVB8 The world’s favourite Cantonese Song – Where Did U Go
- 新城勁爆(Metro Radio Hits Music Awards Presentation) Original Song – A.I.N.Y. (愛你)
- 新城勁爆(Metro Radio Hits Music Awards Presentation) Deductive Award
- 新城勁爆(Metro Radio Hits Music Awards Presentation)四台聯頒音樂大獎 Excellence Award – Silver
- 十大勁歌金曲 (Jade Solid Gold Best Ten Music Awards Presentation) Excellence Award – Gold
- 十大中文金曲 (RTHK Top Ten Gold Songs Awards)- Outstanding Singer Award
- 十大中文金曲 (RTHK Top Ten Gold Songs Awards)Most Improvement Award – Gold
- Canada HiT Nationwide’s Top Ten most Respected Cantonese songs – All About U
- KKBOX Digital Music Billboard – Hong Kong Most Popular Singer Award
- IFPI Hong Kong Sales Award – Top 10 Best Selling Album “18…”
- IFPI Hong Kong Sales Award – Top 10 Best Selling Artist
- 新城勁爆頒獎禮演繹大奬 – Metro Award Show – Best Performance
- 新城勁爆頒創作歌手大奬 – Metro Award Show – Best Singer Songwriter
- 新城勁爆頒金曲奬 – Metro Award Show – Best Song “Good To Be Bad”
- 新城國語力歌曲《A.I.N.Y.（愛你）》- Metro Mandarin Music Award Show – Best Song “A.I.N.Y.”
- 新城飛躍校園中學生最欣賞的女歌手 – Metro Radio High School Research – the most popular female singer in Hong Kong
- 明報周刊演藝動力大奬2010 － 最突出女歌手 – Ming Pao Magazine 2010 – Most Outstanding Female Artist
- 第33屆十大中文金曲－ 優秀流行歌手大奬 – RTHK Top Ten Golden Chinese Songs Award – Outstanding Pop Artist
- 第33屆十大中文金曲－十大金曲奬 (Get Over You) – RTHK Top Ten Golden Chinese Songs Award – Ten Best “Get Over You”
- 勁歌金曲優秀選第二回 － 《Good To Be Bad) – TVB Music Award Fall Season best song – Good to be Bad
- 十大勁歌金曲頒獎典禮 – 傑出表現奬 (銀奬) – Top Ten TVB Music Award – Outstanding Artist (silver)
- 全球華語歌曲排行榜 – 地區傑出歌手奬 (香港) – Global Chinese Music Billboard – Outstanding Artist (Hong Kong)
- 《雪碧榜》我最喜愛人氣偶像獎（香港區）- Sprite Music Chart – My favorite Artist (Hong Kong)
- 《雪碧榜》飛躍表演獎 – Sprite Music Chart – Most Outstanding Artist
- IFPI香港唱片銷量大獎 IFPI Hong Kong Sales Award – 香港十大銷量唱片《MySecret》
- IFPI香港唱片銷量大獎 IFPI Hong Kong Sales Award – 最高次數下載歌曲獎《A.I.N.Y.》
- 廣州音乐先鋒榜 – 先鋒演繹歌手
- 廣州音乐先鋒榜 – 最佳先鋒創作歌手
- 新城國語力 Metro Mandarin Music Award Show 最受歡迎專輯 -《MySecret》
- 新城國語力 Metro Mandarin Music Award Show 女歌手
- 新城飛躍校園中學生最欣賞的女歌手 – Metro Radio High School Research – the most popular female singer in Hong Kong
- 武漢音樂先鋒榜 – 年度十大金曲獎 《寂寞星球的玫瑰》
- 武漢音樂先鋒榜 – 年度最受歡迎女歌手五強
- 新城勁爆頒獎典禮2011 Metro Radio Hits Music Awards Presentation – 勁爆女歌手
- 新城勁爆頒獎典禮2011 Metro Radio Hits Music Awards Presentation – 勁爆舞台大獎
- 第34屆十大中文金曲 RTHK Top Ten Golden Chinese Songs Award – 優秀流行歌手
- 第34屆十大中文金曲 RTHK Top Ten Golden Chinese Songs Award – 優秀流行國語歌曲 銀奬 《我的祕密》
- 第34屆十大中文金曲 RTHK Top Ten Golden Chinese Songs Award – 優秀流行歌曲作曲獎
|2008||Drift City (極速快車手)|
|Pocari Sweat (寶礦力水特)|
|King's Glory Education Centre (英皇教育)|
|2010||White Rabbit Acne Cream (白兔牌暗瘡膏)|
|Maybelline HK (美寶蓮)|
|Maybelline HK (美寶蓮)|
- Famine 30 – Hunger Angel
- Hong Kong Children’s Story Telling Competition – Cheering Ambassador
- The Sun Project – Sun Girl
- All Hong Kong Secondary Schools Dancing Competition – Dancing Ambassador
- Cervical Cancer Union – Ambassador to prevent Cervical Cancer
- Disneyland – Tracking Stitch Ambassador
- Hong Kong Youth Translation Competition – Publicity Ambassador
- Project Kaisei – Youth Ambassador
- Towngas - Low Carbon Ambassador
- Changing Young Lives Foundation - Youth Ambassador
- Asia Television Limited Outstanding Hong Kong Figures 2012 (ATV2012感動香港人物推選) - Ambassador
- "G.E.M. Official YouTube Blog 'gemblog'". Retrieved 2010-10-27.
- The Four Broadcasting Stations are RTHK (香港電台),CRHK Ultimate 903 (903專業推介) Metro Radio 997(新城)and TVB Jade Solide Gold JSG (勁歌金曲)
- TVB 范後感
- "G.E.M. in Taiwan" (in Chinese). Retrieved 2010-10-27.
- The Green Room (今日 VIP) 10/11/2009
- "G.E.M.". Retrieved 2010-10-27.
- "G.E.M.童年教育電視(1)：金花學國語 － YouTube影片". 2009年3月9日.
- "G.E.M.童年教育電視(2)：小龜也探親 － YouTube影片". 2009年3月13日.
- "G.E.M. Yahoo Profile" (in Chinese). Retrieved 2010-10-27.
- "G.E.M. Early Career" (in Chinese). HK Headline. Retrieved 2010-10-27.
- "True Light Girls' College" (in Chinese). Retrieved 2010-10-27.
- "HKCEE 21 Points" (in Chinese). Retrieved 2010-10-27.
- My Name Is 邦 Episode 60 18/09/2009
- CRHK Ultimate 903 (903專業推介)sponsored by MANHATTAN ID Award Ceremony took place on 1/1/2009 between 15:00 and 00:15 Live at AsiaWorld-Expo and broadcasted on TVB
- G.E.M was 17
- "巨肺少女" (in Chinese). Retrieved 2010-10-27.
- "Mini-Concert in Canada" (in Chinese). Retrieved 2010-10-28.
- "18... Taiwanese Edition" (in Chinese). Retrieved 2010-10-27.
- "Recording in Los Angeles and Project Kaisei" (in Chinese). Retrieved 2010-10-27.
- "G.E.M. as Ambassador for Project Kaisei". Retrieved 2010-10-28.
- [dead link]
- [dead link]
- G.E.M.勁呻完騷變咕喱 (Chinese)
- 一連三場的處女演唱會..終於完滿結束了!… | 鄧紫棋 Gem Tang – G.E.M. Blog. Gem-tang.xanga.com (2009-11-23). Retrieved on 2010-12-29.
- zh:G.e.m.#cite note-19
- "G.E.M. Accent" (in Chinese). Retrieved 2010-10-28.
- CRHK 903 (香港商業電台叱咤903)The Program Black 29/11/2008 (Chinese)
- "Debut Film Role" (in Chinese). Retrieved 2010-10-28.
- "Leading Role" (in Chinese). Retrieved 2010-10-28.
- "18 Plus". Retrieved 2010-10-28.
- "My Secret Album Announcement" (in Chinese). Retrieved 2010-10-28.
- "My Secret Limited Edition". Retrieved 2010-10-28.
- 《U-magazine》;《Made in Hong Kong 李志剛》
- Pocari Sweat – 寶礦力水特. Pocarisweat.hk. Retrieved on 2010-12-29.
- 英皇教育. Kge.hk. Retrieved on 2010-12-29.
- Hong Kong Suning Citicall Appliance Limited. Citicall.com.hk (2009-12-04). Retrieved on 2010-12-29.
- Hong Kong | Shoes, Sandals, Sneakers and Boots. Skechers. Retrieved on 2010-12-29.
- 白兔牌暗瘡膏. Rabbit.com.hk. Retrieved on 2010-12-29.
- MAYBELLINE – Pure Mineral. Maybellinehk.com. Retrieved on 2010-12-29.
- zh:Nokia. Retrieved on 2010-12-29.