|Discipline||French language, French literature|
|Edited by||Jean Duffy
|Publisher||Oxford University Press (United Kingdom)|
It was founded in 1947 and publishes articles on all periods of French and francophone literature and culture as well as book reviews. In addition to the printed copy, the journal has been available for subscribers online since 2002. It includes articles both in English and French.
French Studies is accompanied by a sister publication for shorter articles called The French Studies Bulletin. The editorial office is currently based in the Taylor Institution of the University of Oxford.
Abstracting and indexing
The journal is indexed in the following services:
- Linguistic Bibliography / Bibliographie Linguistique
- Bibliography Annuelle de L'Histoire de France
- Bibliography of the History of Art
- British Humanities Index
- Children's Literature Abstracts
- Historical Abstracts
- Humanities Index
- MLA International Bibliography
- Linguistics & Language Behavior Abstracts
- Periodicals Index Online
- "About the Journal". Oxford University Press. 2010. Retrieved 2011-01-15.