|Population statistics (as of 2001)|
|- Area:||54.5 km2 (21 sq mi)|
|- Density:||149 /km2 (387 /sq mi)|
|Time zone:||EET/EEST (UTC+2/3)|
Esperies (Greek: Εσπερίες) is a former municipality on the island of Corfu, Ionian Islands, Greece. Since the 2011 local government reform it is part of the municipality Corfu, of which it is a municipal unit. It is located in the northwest corner of the island of Corfu. It has a land area of 54.462 km² and a population of 8,136 (2001 census), its population density was 148.84/km². The seat of the municipality was the town of Velonades (pop. 473). Its largest towns are Karousádes (pop. 1,039), Avliótes (929), Peroulades (782), and Velonádes.
The municipal unit Esperies is subdivided into the following communities (constituent villages in brackets):
- Agioi Douloi
- Agrafoi (Agrafoi, Agia Paraskevi)
- Avliotes (Avliotes, Agia Pelagia, Agios Stefanos, Garnades, Kouknikades, Staousa)
- Karousades (Karousades, Agios Ioannis, Astrakeri, Roda)
- Magoulades (Magoulades, Arillas, Gousades, Poulimates, Tsoukalio)
- Peroulades (Peroulades, Mega Ydri)
- Velonades (Velonades, Kounavades, Livadi, Psathylas)
- De Facto Polulation of Greece Population and Housing Census of March 18th, 2001 (PDF 39 MB). National Statistical Service of Greece. 2003.
- Kallikratis law Greece Ministry of Interior (Greek)
|This Ionian Islands location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|