Eric Gillis in the marathon at the 2012 Summer Olympics
March 8, 1980 |
Antigonish, Nova Scotia
|Height||5 ft 7 in (1.70 m)|
|Weight||127 pounds (58 kg)|
|Event(s)||10,000 metres, Half Marathon, Marathon|
He has had much national and international success during his athletics career. He represented Canada at the 2008 Beijing Olympics in the 10,000m. On October 16, 2011, Gillis qualified for the 2012 London Olympics with a 2:11:28 finish at the Toronto Waterfront Marathon.
- 2011: Vancouver Sun Run winner, time 29:05.
- 2008: Canadian 10,000m Championships, Gold
- 2008: Canadian Cross Country Championships, Silver
- 2008: Competing at the Summer Olympics 10,000m event
- 2007: Canadian Championships, Bronze
- 2007: Canadian 10,000m Championships, Gold
- 2005: Canadian Championships, Bronze
The 2008 Summer Olympics
Gillis went to the Beijing Summer Olympics as a member of Team Canada. He competed in the 10000 metres event on August 17, 2008, in the Beijing National Stadium. Though he was aiming to finish among the top 20, he ended up finished 33rd overall with a time of 29:08.10.
- "Eric Gillis profile". Athletics Canada. Retrieved July 18, 2012.
|This biographical article relating to Canadian athletics and track and field is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|