Emma Lake Artist's Workshops
||This article is in a list format that may be better presented using prose. (April 2008)|
- 195 Jack Shadbolt (workshop leader)
- 1956 Joe Plaskett (workshop leader
- 1957 Will Barnet (workshop leader)
- 1958 No Workshop
- 1959 Barnett Newman (workshop leader)
- 1960 John Ferren (workshop leader)
- 1961 Herman Cherry (workshop leader
- 1962 Clement Greenberg (workshop leader)
- 1963 Kenneth Noland (workshop leader)
- 1964 Jules Olitski and Stephan Wolpe (workshop leaders)
- 1965 Lawrence Alloway and John Cage (workshop leaders)
- 1966 Harold Cohen (workshop leader)
- 1967 Frank Stella (workshop leader)
- 1968 Donald Judd (workshop leader
- 1969 Michael Steiner (workshop leader)
- 1977 Anthony Caro (workshop leader)
annual workshops are ongoing again
- 2005 Robert Christie (workshop leader)
- 2007 Monica Tapp (workshop leader)
- 2009 Kim Dorland (workshop leader)
- The Flat Side of the Landscape: the Emma Lake Artists' Workshops / curator/editor: John O'Brian ; essays, John O'Brian ... [et al.] Saskatoon : Mendel Art Gallery, c1989 (Published for the exhibition, The flat side of the landscape : the Emma Lake Artists' Workshops held from October 5, 1989 to April 21, 1991)
- Abstraction West : Emma Lake and after = Abstraction dans l'Ouest : le lac Emma et après / by Terry Fenton. Ottawa : National Gallery of Canada for the Corporation of the National Museums of Canada, 1976
- Emma Lake Workshops, 1955-1973. [Catalogue of an exhibition held from] September 21 to October 21, 1973. Regina : Norman Mackenzie Art Gallery, 1973
- Influences of Emma Lake Art School, Art Gallery of Prince Albert, Prince Albert, Saskatchewan.
- Making Friends: The Role of Friends, Mentors and Patrons in the Development of Saskatchewan Art. Exhibition May 28, 2005 to October 23, 2005. Organized by the MacKenzie Art Gallery, Curated by Timothy Long, Head Curator.
- University of Saskatchewan Archives. Search text and photograph database.
- Anthony Caro and 1977 sculpture series made at Emma Lake.
Last modified on 1 January 2013, at 02:36↑Jump back a section
- O'Brian, John (curator/editor). (1989). The Flat Side of the Landscape : The Emma Lake Artists' Workshops Essays, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan:Mendel Art Gallery ISBN 0-919863-49-3.
- King, John. (1972). The Emma Lake Workshops 1955-1970: A Documented Study of the Artists’ Workshop at Emma Lake, Saskatchewan, of the School of Art, University of Saskatchewan, Regina, 1955-1970. Manitoba: Brandon University.