Edward Coke, 7th Earl of Leicester
||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2009)|
Leicester is the son of Anthony Coke, 6th Earl of Leicester and Moyra Joan Crossley. He has spent great effort in restoring Holkham Hall and is a former president of the Historic Houses Association. He was appointed CBE for services to Heritage in 2005. He was also appointed a Deputy Lieutenant of Norfolk in the same year.
Lord Leicester married, firstly, Valerie Potter, daughter of Leonard A. Potter, on 28 April 1962. He and Valerie Potter were divorced in 1985. They had three children:
- Thomas Edward Coke, Viscount Coke (b. 6 July 1965), the current Heir Apparent
- Lady Susan Elizabeth Coke (b. 1968), married Jonathan Paul, 1993
- Hon. Rupert Henry John Coke (b. 1975)
He married, secondly, Sarah Forde, daughter of Noel Henry Boys Forde, in 1986.
- "Edward Douglas Coke, 7th Earl of Leicester of Holkham". thePeerage.com. 13 Apr 2009. Retrieved 7 March 2011.
- Hansard 1803–2005: contributions in Parliament by the Earl of Leicester
|Peerage of the United Kingdom|
Anthony Louis Lovel Coke
|Earl of Leicester
|This biography of an earl in the peerage of the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
Read in another language
This page is available in 1 language