|Slogan||"The Jobs You Love to Hate"|
|Type of site||Blog|
|Created by||Phil Edwards and Matt Kraft|
Dumbemployed is an English-language blog and blook featuring stories about "the jobs you love to hate". User-submitted entries are limited to 300 characters in length and begin with "At work today" and end with "I'm dumbemployed". A book containing submissions to the site along with charts, graphs, illustrations, and tips was published in June 2011.
Dumbemployed stories are divided into five categories: Bosses, Customers, Just Dumb, Overtime, Weird Shift.
Dumbemployed was launched in April 2009 by Phil Edwards and Matt Kraft. Visitors to the site are encouraged to share stories about hilarious and painful dumbemployment. Anonymous submissions are permitted and users can vote and leave comments on stories.
In October 2011, a Dumbemployed book was announced by Marianne Strong Literary Agency. The book, entitled "Dumbemployed: Hilariously Dumb and Sadly True Stories about Jobs Like Yours", was published by Running Press on June 28, 2011.
In June 2012, Edwards announced that Warner Bros. TV has optioned the TV and film rights for Dumbemployed.
- "Dumbemployed - About". 2009-04-09. Retrieved 2011-08-24.
- "Life just got more...". 2011-06-28. Retrieved 2011-08-24.
- Hessling, Kate (2011-08-22). "Caseville graduate co-authors new book". Huron Daily Tribune. Retrieved 2011-08-24.
- "Publishers Marketplace Lunch Weekly for Monday, October 11". 2010-10-11. Retrieved 2011-08-24.
- "Perseus Books Home". 2010-10-01. Retrieved 2011-08-24.
- Schuessler, Jennifer (2011-08-05). "Inside the List - NYTimes.com". The New York Times. Retrieved 2011-08-24.
- "Phil Edwards Inc.". 2012-06-01. Retrieved 2012-09-20.