|Founded||1993, refounded 2003|
|Ceased operations||14 January 2013|
|Secondary hubs||Boryspil Airport|
|Frequent-flyer program||Meridian loyalty program|
|Alliance||Ukrainian Aviation Group|
Donbassaero (Ukrainian: Донбасаеро) was an airline with its head office on the property of Donetsk International Airport in Donetsk, Ukraine. It operates domestic and international scheduled services. Its main bases are Donetsk International Airport and Boryspil International Airport in Kiev.
The airline was founded in 1993 as Donetsk State Airline, then re-organized and re-branded as Donbassaero in 2003. Their web site was launched in July 2005 and their online booking system started in November of the same year.
As of 25 March 2012, as a result of the Anti-monopoly committee of Ukraine's decision to allow the consolidation of the Ukrainian Aviation Group's physical and operational assets, Donbassaero no longer operates flights with its own code, but rather on behalf of its parent company Aerosvit.
The airline filed for bankruptcy and ceased operations at 14 January 2013.
Donbassaero served the following scheduled destinations (as of January 2013):
- United Arab Emirates
The Donbassaero fleet includes the following aircraft (as of December 2012):
|Airbus A320-200||9||0||12||138||150||3 operated for Aerosvit|
|Airbus A321-200||1||0||0||210||210||leased from WindRose Aviation|
On March 10, 2010, a flight between Simferopol and Kiev was cancelled after discovering that the entire crew was inebriated. The Ukrainian deputy attorney general, Tatiana Kornikova, was one of the passengers of the flight, and started an investigation on the spot.
- "Contacts." Donbassaero. Retrieved on 27 April 2011. "Headquarter The headquarter of our company is located at international airport “Donetsk”. Address: DONBASSAERO, 1«V», Vzlyotnaya str., Donetsk, 83021, Ukraine"
- "Directory: World Airlines". Flight International. 2007-04-03. p. 74.
- Zaitsev, Tom (2010-02-12). "Three Ukrainian carriers seek tie-up approval". Flightglobal (Reed Elsevier). Retrieved 2011-07-22.
- "About us". Donbass.aero. Retrieved 2012-10-25.
- [dead link]
- "«Днеправиа» присоединяется к альянсу авиакомпаний «АэроСвит» и «Донбассаэро»". Dniproavia.com. Retrieved 2012-10-25.
- Donbassaero timetable. Retrieved 2009-09-13
- "Aircraft and Fleet Lists". ch-aviation.ch. Retrieved 2012-10-25.
- Drunk cabin crew prevented from taking off Radio Netherlands Worldwide. Retrieved 2010-03-10
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Donbassaero|