Distributed Annotation System
||This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page.
The Distributed Annotation System (DAS) is an open source project that is used in bioinformatics to share and collate genomic annotation information. It first originated as the work of Robin Dowell, Rodney Jokerst, Allen Day, Sean Eddy and Lincoln Stein, but it has since evolved into a community driven project with its main hub BioDAS. The current stable version of DAS is 2.0, which is also written as "DAS/2", whereas the older but still commonly used version 1.6 is abbreviated as "DAS/1". The latter DAS/2 specification is not compatible with DAS/1.
Sites and tools currently using DAS
- The DAS registration server
- Ensembl The Ensembl Genome Browser
- UCSC Genome Browser
|BioJava DAS Client|
|Dasty||A web client for visualizing protein sequence feature information using DAS|| |
|DasView||A server-side Perl application. This tool is mentioned in the original DAS publication, but has subsequently disappeared.|
|EnsEMBL||The EnsEMBL Genome Browser. Provides built-in support for DAS|||
|Geodesic||An stand-alone Java application|||
|IGB||The Integrated Genome Browser (IGB, pronounced "ig-bee") is an application built upon the GenoViz SDK and Genometry for visualization and exploration of genomes and corresponding annotations from multiple data sources|||
|Jalview||A multiple sequence alignment editor & viewer|||
|OmniGene||The user interface is based on the EnsEMBL interface|| |
|SPICE||A browser for the annotations for protein sequences and structures||  |
|STRAP||Underlining sequence features in multiple alignments. Example output: |||
|TIGR DAS Viewer|||
|WormBase||The WormBase genome Browser. Includes a DAS viewer named DASView|
- Dowell RD, Jokerst RM, Day A, Eddy SR, Stein L (2001). "The distributed annotation system.". BMC Bioinformatics 2: 7. doi:10.1186/1471-2105-2-7. PMC 58584. PMID 11667947.
- Finn RD, Stalker JW, Jackson DK, Kulesha E, Clements J, Pettett R (2007). "ProServer: a simple, extensible Perl DAS server.". Bioinformatics 23 (12): 1568–70. doi:10.1093/bioinformatics/btl650. PMC 2989875. PMID 17237073.
- Jenkinson AM, Albrecht M, Birney E, Blankenburg H, Down T, Finn RD, Hermjakob H, Hubbard TJ, Jimenez RC, Jones P, Kähäri A, Kulesha E, Macías JR, Reeves GA, Prlic A (2008). "Integrating biological data - the Distributed Annotation System.". BMC Bioinformatics. 9. Suppl 8: S3. doi:10.1186/1471-2105-9-S8-S3. PMC 2500094. PMID 18673527.
- The DAS/2 Protocol. BioDAS.
|This bioinformatics-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|