||This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2013)|
Seal of Diponegoro University
|Motto||Wiyata Hangreksa Gapuraning Nagara|
|Rector||Prof. Sudharto P. Hadi, MES, PhD|
|Academic staff||1750 staff, 11 faculties|
|Location||Semarang, Central Java, Indonesia
|Mascot||Prince of Diponegoro|
|Affiliations||ASAIHL, AUAP,ASEA UNINET|
Diponegoro University (Indonesian: Universitas Diponegoro) (UNDIP) is a state university located in Semarang, Central Java, Indonesia and a member of IDGHE or Ivy League in Indonesia. Founded in 1956 as a private university by Semarang University Foundation, it is a pioneer of higher learning institutions in the Indonesia and the first and oldest corporation in Central Java.
Initially called Semarang University, the institution was named Diponegoro University on October 5, 1960, after it was granted state university accreditation by the Indonesian Government. The "Diponegoro" name is taken from an Indonesian hero who waged war against the Dutch colonialism in the early 19th century.
During 2000 UNDIP expanded its engineering faculty and research facility on its Tembalang campus, it has 11 faculties and increase in number of research and development center. n the 2007 THES-QS Top World University Rankings, the university was ranked 487th in the world's top 500 universities, an increase from 495th position in 2006. All teachers and lecturers possess a Master/PhD degree. Diponegoro University has many prominent alumnus, among them are world leader, billionaires, government leaders and entrepreneurs.
The establishment of Diponegoro University began in 1956, preceded by the establishment of the Semarang University Foundation. Its founding fathers were Imam Bardjo, Soedarto, Dan Sulaiman and Soesanto Kartoatmodjo.
Administration and student population
UNDIP is governed by one head of rector, with four vice rectors. The head rector is the day-to-day administrator of UNDIP and is appointed by and responsible to the university.
Undip accepted 30% of applicants for the class of 2004, by the program PSSB, UMPTN for undergraduate. Admission to a course and research-based postgraduate programme requires at least a Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, in the subject or related discipline. Programmes may require candidates to demonstrate readiness for postgraduate study through a specific standard of achievement. Programmes may specify relevant work experience as an additional admission requirement. Doctoral degrees require a Master’s degree from any institutions of higher learning recognised by the Senate.
International applicants for admission to UNDIP's undergraduate program must have completed or are completing high school with a high qualification through the above methods. The medium of instruction for international classes at UNDIP is English. International students should understand the Indonesian language to be familiar with Indonesian culture. Applicants are expected to have achieved a minimum level of English proficiency to enable them to benefit from an UNDIP education.
- Pleburan Campus is the oldest campus since the existed campuses were merged in its early establishment. The campus occupies a seven-hectare area, with the School of Social Sciences, Magister and Doctorate Program and some operational units.
- Gunung Brintik Campus has the School of Medicine located near Dr. Kariadi Hospital.
- Teluk Awur Campus (60 hectares) is in Jepara, 70 km northeast Semarang. The Teluk Awur Campus is the home of the Faculty of Fisheries and Marine Science.
- The largest and the newest campus, Tembalang, occupies about 213 hectares with an administrative center, Central library Widyapuraya, Engineering Faculty and facilitates, School of Science.
The Undip System is centered in Widyapuraya Central Library in Tembalang Campus and comprises over 400 individual libraries and over 4000 volumes. Faculties have department libraries and literature from Journal Alumni.
- Ali Mufiz (Governor Central Java year 2007-2008)
- Darmanto Jatman (Professor Emeritus of Psychology Faculty of Diponegoro University, humanist, philosopher and poet Indonesia)
- Eman Suparman (Chairman of the Judicial Commission of the Republic of Indonesia in 2010-2015)
- Fayakhun Andriadi (commission of the House of Representatives 2009-2014, Fraction Golkar Party)
- Harjanto Prabowo (Rector Bina Nusantara University Jakarta in 2009-2013)
- Hendarman Supandji (Attorney General RI years 2007-2010)
- Michael Bambang Hartono (owner of PT Djarum)
- Muladi (governor of the National Resilience Institute of Indonesia in 2005-2011)
- Robert Budi Hartono (owner of PT Djarum)
- Soekarwo (Governor of East Java in 2009-2014)
- Sukawi Sutarip (Semarang Mayor 2000-2005)
- Suwhono (Director of PT Pegadaian)
- Taufiq Effendi (Minister of State for Administrative Reform and Bureaucratic Reform of Indonesia in 2004-2009)
- Wardana (Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs of Indonesia in 2011-2016)
International Publications and Citations of Diponegoro University have been updated by searching in the scientific indexing, i.e. SCOPUS, SCIRUS, ISI WEB KNOWLEDGE, etc.
- Total student enrollment in August 2008
- "Association of Universities of Asia and the Pacific - List of the Members Universities". Auap.sut.ac.th. 2008-10-13. Retrieved 2013-05-25.
- "Member Universities". Uibk.ac.at. Retrieved 2013-05-25.
- admission requirement Website of Post Graduate Program of Diponegoro University
- Malaysians Unwelcome At Local University
- Undip No longer Admits Students from Malaysia.
- 1. Official website
- 2.Faculty of Engineering
- 3.Faculty of Medicine
- 4.Faculty of Animal Agriculture
- 5.Faculty of Letters
- 6.Faculty of Social and Political Sciences
- 7.Faculty of Public Health
- 8.Faculty of Natural Sciences and Mathematics
- 9.Faculty of Fisheries and Marine Sciences
- 10.Faculty of Psychology
- 11.Faculty of Law
- 12.Faculty of Economics