|Directed by||Joel Lamangan|
Rufa Mae Quinto
|Music by||John Ferrar|
|Editing by||Alex Castañeda
|Distributed by||Regal Entertainment, Inc.|
|Release date(s)||December 25, 2008 (Philippines)|
|Running time||115 minutes|
|Box office||₱50 million|
Desperadas 2 (Desperate Women 2) is a Philippine film which is an official entry to the 34th Metro Manila Festival. It is the sequel of Desperadas starring Ruffa Gutierrez, Rufa Mae Quinto, Iza Calzado, and Marian Rivera reprise their roles and are joined by Ogie Alcasid.
The story of Desperadas 2 is about four half-sisters - Isabella, Patricia, Stephanie, and Courtney - who have another big problems in their life. They also found out that they have another half-sister, Lugaluda.
Cast and Characters
- Ruffa Gutierrez as Isabella - She is a single mother who has had financial problems in the past but refuses to admit it. Now, she is a successful entrepreneur of beauty products who gets entangled in a big scandal.
- Rufa Mae Quinto as Patricia - She had an annulment with Dave. Now, an easy-going woman who has a politician-boyfriend, Patricia feels she has no problems at all until a revelation of having a corrupt partner surprises her.
- Iza Calzado as Stephanie - After she has given birth, she is now experiencing postpartum blues. In the midst of her marital woes, Stephanie turns to her sisters and seeks their help and advice.
- Marian Rivera as Courtney - She is now happily married with her basketball star husband, Patrick but in the past Patrick not letting Courtney to do a sexual intercourse but now, Patrick is the one who wants to do it but Courtney refuses it.
- Ogie Alcasid as lugaluda - Originally a male, she is the Kwelali Princess who happens to be the long-lost half-sister of Isabella, Patricia, Stephanie and Courtney.
- Will Devaughn as Patrick - A basketball player whose relationship with his wife Courtney . falls apart due to her success, lack of commitment to him, and her reluctance to conceive with his child.
- Wendell Ramos as Dave/Daniella - Dave is now openly gay. His desire to undergo sex change is hindered by his recent fatherhood. Fernand's Girlfriend when she took a sex change.
- TJ Trinidad as Richard - He is a doctor and Erika's husband, now a father to their newborn child. Stephanie believes that he is unfaithful to her.
- Jay-R as Vito - A model who works for Courtney. His advances toward Isabella seem to finally work.
- Nova Villa as Margot / Narrator - Isabella, Patricia, Stephanie, Courtney and Lugaluda's mother.
- Sophia Baars as Alexis - Isabella's only daughter. She approves of Vito as a suitor for her mother.
- Carlo Guevarra as Cesar. Lugaluda's future husband.
- Alex Castro as Norman - Courtney's stalker or admirer who try to kill her.
- Dion Ignacio as Zebro
- Paulo Avelino as Doctor Fernand - Dave / Diana's boyfriend.
- Niña Jose as Cita - Richard's Co-worker and a nurse
- Peter as Patricia and Dave / Diana's only son.
The movie opened at December 25, 2008. It made ₱17 million in opening day, and ₱50 million overall.
|This film article about a 2000s comedy is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a film made in the Philippines is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|