Delaware Route 34
|Maintained by DelDOT|
|Length:||3.30 mi (5.31 km)|
|West end:||Duncan Road near Prices Corner|
|DE 41 near Prices Corner
DE 141 near Prices Corner
|East end:||DE 100 near Elsmere|
Delaware Route 34 (DE 34), also known as Faulkland Road, is a state highway in New Castle County, Delaware. The route runs from an intersection with unnumbered Duncan Road, just west of DE 41, north of Prices Corner to DE 100 near Elsmere. Along the way, the route intersects DE 41 and DE 141 as it passes through suburban areas to the west of Wilmington. The road was paved in the 1930s and designated DE 34 in the 1970s.
DE 34 begins at an intersection with Duncan Road north of Prices Corner and heads east on two-lane undivided Faulkland Road through wooded areas with some homes. The route intersects DE 41 and passes more homes before entering dense woods, where it crosses Red Clay Creek and the Wilmington and Western Railroad. The road continues east through suburban neighborhoods, crossing Centerville Road. Farther east, DE 34 passes through residential and commercial areas as it comes to an intersection with DE 141. Past this intersection, the route runs between industrial areas to the north and housing subdivisions to the south. DE 34 crosses an East Penn Railroad line and passes between two cemeteries before passing to the north of a few homes and ending at DE 100 north of Elsmere, just west of the western city limit of Wilmington.
DE 34 has an annual average daily traffic count ranging from a high of 10,744 vehicles at the DE 100 intersection to a low of 3,874 vehicles at the DE 41 intersection. None of DE 34 is part of the National Highway System.
The entire route is in New Castle County.
|Prices Corner||0.00||0.00||Duncan Road||Western terminus|
|0.23||0.37||DE 41 (Newport Gap Pike)|
|DE 141 (Centre Road)|
|Elsmere||3.30||5.31||DE 100 (Dupont Road)||Eastern terminus|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi|
- Staff (2011). "Traffic Count and Mileage Report: Interstate, Delaware, and US Routes" (PDF). Delaware Department of Transportation. Retrieved May 17, 2012.
- Delaware Department of Transportation (2008) (PDF). Delaware Official Transportation Map (Map) (2008 ed.). http://www.deldot.gov/archaeology/historic_pres/historic_highway_maps/pdf/cd_083.pdf. Retrieved March 22, 2012.
- Google Inc. Google Maps – overview of Delaware Route 34 (Map). Cartography by Google, Inc. http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=DE+34+and+duncan+road&daddr=DE+34+and+DE+100&hl=en&geocode=FRl0XgIdfLB9-ylRHcrjI_7GiTHfJ5f-fuyplA%3BFc-FXgId7pd--ykfmTHxlv3GiTE4Q8390hwXcg&mra=ls&sll=39.80558,-75.521735&sspn=0.060134,0.169086&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=14. Retrieved February 6, 2011.
- Federal Highway Administration (2010) (PDF). National Highway System: Delaware (Map). http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/planning/nhs/maps/de/de_delaware.pdf. Retrieved February 10, 2012.
- Delaware State Highway Department (1920) (PDF). Official Road Map (Map) (1920 ed.). http://www.deldot.gov/archaeology/historic_pres/historic_highway_maps/pdf/cd_002.pdf. Retrieved March 22, 2012.
- Delaware State Highway Department (1936) (PDF). Official Road Map of the State of Delaware (Map). Cartography by The National Survey Co. (1936–37 ed.). http://www.deldot.gov/archaeology/historic_pres/historic_highway_maps/pdf/cd_008.pdf. Retrieved March 22, 2012.
- Delaware Department of Highways and Transportation (1976) (PDF). Delaware Highways Official Map (Map) (1976 ed.). http://www.deldot.gov/archaeology/historic_pres/historic_highway_maps/pdf/cd_054.pdf. Retrieved March 22, 2012.