|Date of birth||10 May 1988|
|Place of birth||Glasgow, Scotland|
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Current club||Auchinleck Talbot|
|2009||→ Albion Rovers (loan)||4||(0)|
|2011||→ Elgin City (loan)||16||(6)|
|2011–2012||Kirkintilloch Rob Roy|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 14:00. 18 February 2013.
† Appearances (Goals).
David Gormley (born 10 May 1988) is a Scottish footballer currently playing for Auchinleck Talbot in the Scottish Junior Football Association, West Region. He has previously played in the Scottish Football League First Division for Ayr United.
Life and career
Gormley began his career with Motherwell at under-14 level. After his release in the summer of 2007 without making a first team appearance, he was signed by Junior side Glenafton Athletic by then manager Gordon Dalziel. Gormley stepped up to the Scottish Football League in the summer of 2008 with Ayr United, his signature eventually costing Ayr the sum of £1750. Gormley's most notable goal for Ayr United was scored at Stark's Park in Kirkcaldy against Raith Rovers, when he came off the bench to give Ayr the edge on the Second Division title, which The Rovers eventually won.
Gormley's spell at Alloa was notable for a cup-tie against Hamilton Academical in January 2011 where the player came on as a substitute goalkeeper and saved a penalty. He spent the second half the 2010–11 season with Elgin City on a temporary transfer before being released by Alloa in May 2011.
After a spell in which he contemplated quitting the game, Gormley joined Junior side Kirkintilloch Rob Roy in the summer of 2011, before moving on to their Super League Premier Division rivals Auchinleck Talbot in August 2012.
- Mike Wilson (23 January 2009). "David Gormley's ticket frenzy". Ayrshire Post. Retrieved 18 February 2013.
- "Dazza's Top Of The Gorm". Daily Record. 6 October 2008. Retrieved 18 February 2013.
- "Glenafton Chief Hits Back At Ayr United Claims". Ayrshire Post. 7 November 2008. Retrieved 12 March 2009.
- "Raith Rovers 0-1 Ayr United". BBC Sport. 14 March 2009. Retrieved 12 March 2010.
- "Loan star Gormley looks to make mark for Rovers". Daily Record. 26 November 2009. Retrieved 12 March 2009.
- "David Gormley signs". alloaathletic.co.uk. 22 January 2010. Retrieved 12 March 2010.
- Scott McDermott (9 January 2011). "Hamilton 2 Alloa 0". Daily Record. Retrieved 18 February 2013.
- "City welcome Gormley and Lawrie". Elgin City FC. 1 February 2011. Retrieved 18 February 2013.
- "Hat-trick hero Gormley: I was ready to quit". Kirkintilloch Herald. 2 August 2011. Retrieved 18 February 2013.
- Scott Campbell (22 August 2012). "I'll help Talbot heal the hurt". The Scottish Sun. Retrieved 18 February 2013.
- Scott Campbell (9 October 2012). "Tipps for the top". The Scottish Sun. Retrieved 18 February 2013.