|Origin||Vancouver, British Columbia|
|Labels||Street Quality Entertainment|
|Associated acts||Dirty Radio|
|Members||Ajay Bhattacharyya, Amy Kirkpatrick|
||This article may contain original research. (December 2011)|
Data Romance is a Vancouver based electro-indie duo started by Ajay Bhattacharyya, instrumentalist-producer, and Amy Kirkpatrick, singer/lyricist. Showcasing the modern direction of electronic music, the duo signed to Street Quality Entertainment, the Canadian based record label, releasing a self-titled EP of four songs in June 2011. Having toured with the IDentity Festival, Data Romance has released a single titled “The Deep”, which has been featured in NME  and Filter Magazines  as well as the BBC Radio 1 program. The duo has been likened to The xx, Bat for Lashes, Lykke Li  and Florence and the Machine.
Both Victoria natives Ajay Bhattacharyya and Amy Kirkpatrick, aged 25, have been playing together since 2009. They first met at the Lucky Bar, home to a bustling and tight-knit community of musicians and fans, where Bhattacharyya filled in as a drummer for Kirkpatrick when she was touring her singer/songwriter act throughout the Victoria coffee houses. After both moving to Vancouver proper Kirkpatrick worked as a lighting technician at many well respected clubs in the city while Bhattacharyya studied sound design for film under Robert Grieve, with mentoring from Craig Berkey. Originally they called the duo “Names” but then changed the name to Data Romance, a name which was derived from a song by Berlin techno icon Ellen Allien. Together, their work experiences have influenced their music and live performances, adding to the “soundtrack-like” vibe and highly visual live show.
Data Romance signed to Street Quality Entertainment in September 2010. The duo has put out both of its releases under the label’s name. The first is an original soundtrack called “Life Cycles” put out in January 2011. Their follow up EP, self titled, released in June of the same year debuts their single (and music video), “The Deep". The EP and single have been featured on NME, Filter and Zane Lowe’s Radio 1 BBC program.
On September 18th, 2012 Data Romance released their first single along, "Caves", with a remix bundle on iTunes. Data Romance is scheduled to release their first full-length album "Other" on February 19th, 2013.
- "Street Quality Entertainment". Retrieved 18 August 2011.
- ""The Deep" Blog Feature". Retrieved 18 August 2011.
- "Data Romance NME Feature". Retrieved 18 August 2011.
- "Data Romance Filter Magazine Feature". Retrieved 18 August 2011.
- "Data Romance on BBC Music". Retrieved 18 August 2011.
- "Data Romance Blog Feature". Retrieved 18 August 2011.
- "Data Romance EP Interview". Retrieved 18 August 2011.
- "The Deep News Feature". Retrieved 19 August 2011.
- "Single Video Premiere". Retrieved 19 August 2011.
- "Exclaim". Retrieved 8 October 2012.
- "Bluetooth Technology Article on Mashable". Retrieved 19 August 2011.
- "Musically Bluetooth Article". Retrieved 19 August 2011.