|Beauty pageant titleholder|
|Born||DaNae Elizabeth Couch
August 6, 1988 
Texas Tech University
|Title(s)||Miss Dallas 2012
Miss Texas 2012
|Miss America 2013 (Top 10)|
She won the title of Miss Texas on July 7, 2012, when she received her crown from outgoing titleholder Kendall Morris. Couch’s platform is “Hope for Family Recovery: Life Beyond Addiction” and she said she hoped to address drug education, addiction awareness, and recovery resources in schools. Her competition talent was a twirling routine to “You Can't Stop the Beat.” Couch graduated with a degree in English and a minor in Public Relations from Baylor University. While attending Baylor, Couch was a baton twirler in the Baylor University Golden Wave Band. She is currently in her second year of attending law school at Texas Tech University and is planning to become an attorney specializing in litigation. Couch has also previously served as a summer intern for the Supreme Court of Texas.
- "Texas Birth Index, 1903-1997". Ancestry.com. Retrieved 2012-10-09.
- "Miss Dallas crowned new Miss Texas". dallasnews.com. Retrieved 2012-10-09.
- "Tech law student crowned Miss Texas". dailytoreador.com. July 16, 2012. Retrieved 2012-10-09.
- "Miss Texas DaNae Couch Talks About The Pageant Experience — And Her Teeth". D Magazine. July 17, 2012. Retrieved 2012-10-09.
- "Beauty and Brains: Baylor dominates the Miss Texas 2012 pageant". Baylor University. July 17, 2012. Retrieved 2012-10-09.
- "Everything’s Bigger in Texas, Including the Tiaras: Texas Tech Law Student Crowned Miss Texas 2012". abovethelaw.com. July 11, 2012. Retrieved 2012-10-09.
- "Miss Texas' crowned beauties have local ties". leader-news.com. July 13, 2012. Retrieved 2012-10-09.
|Awards and achievements|