14 February 1972|
|Occupation||animator, illustrator, writer|
|Curtis Jobling's website|
He is best known for his role as production designer of children's TV hit, Bob The Builder, where he visualised all of that programme's inimitable characters and sets. Jobling is also an author and illustrator of children's books, notably Frankenstein's Cat, a muddled up feline. The first series of Frankenstein's Cat has now aired on CBBC and BBC1 in the UK. Frankenstein's Cat has also aired in France, Australia and South America.
Curtis' new pre-school show, Raa Raa, about a noisy lion cub and his Jingly Jangly Jungle friends is currently in production by Chapman Entertainment and McKinnon and Saunders, and will be shown on CBeebies channel from Spring 2011.
In 2010, Curtis signed a two-book deal with Puffin for his young adult series of fantasy horror entitled Wereworld. The first novel, Rise of The Wolf, was released in January 2011 in the UK, and short-listed for the Waterstone's Children's Book Prize 2011. The US edition will be released in Fall 2011. Following the huge success of Book 1, the second book, Rage of Lions, which was originally scheduled to be released in January 2012, has been brought forward to Summer 2011, with books 3 & 4 now destined to hit the book shops in 2012, and books 5 & 6 to be released in the summer and fall of 2013 respectively.
- Frankenstein's Cat
- The Skeleton in the Closet (with Alice Schertle) (Harper Collins Children's Books, 2003) ISBN 0-688-17739-5
- My Daddy: My Daddy Is the Best in the Universe (Harper Collins, 2005) ISBN 0-00-712255-1
- Cheeky Monkey (Oxford University Press, 2006) ISBN 0-19-272549-1
- Dinosaurs After Dark (with Jonathan Emmett) (Harper Collins Children's Books, 2006) ISBN 0-00-722464-8
- Wereworld: Rise of the Wolf (Puffin, 2010) ISBN 978-0-14-133339-7
- Wereworld: Rage Of Lions (Puffin, 2011) ISBN 978-0-14-133340-3
- Wereworld: Shadow of the Hawk (Puffin, 2012) ISBN 978-0-14-134049-4
- Wereworld: Nest of Serpents (Puffin, 2012) ISBN 978-0-14-134050-0