|Publisher||Westview Press (hardcover)
Basic Books (paperback)
|Publication date||October 31, 2004|
Citizen Cyborg: Why Democratic Societies Must Respond to the Redesigned Human of the Future is a 2004 non-fiction book by bioethicist and sociologist James Hughes, which articulates democratic transhumanism as a socio-political ideology and program.
- Hughes, James (2004). Citizen Cyborg: Why Democratic Societies Must Respond to the Redesigned Human of the Future. Westview Press. ISBN 0-8133-4198-1.
- Hall, Brian K. (2005). Evo Devo is the New Buzzword: For the 200-year-old search for links between embryos and evolution. Retrieved 2007-03-06.
- Citizen Cyborg Reviews
- Forman, Frank. Transhumanism's Vital Center. Journal of Evolution and Technology (April 2005). Retrieved on 2011-07-07
- Doctorow, Cory. Humanist transhumanism: Citizen Cyborg. Boing Boing (11 April 2005). Retrieved on 2011-07-07
- Ford, Alyssa. Humanity: The Remix. Utne Reader (May/June 2005) . Retrieved on 2011-07-07
- Bailey, Ronald. Trans-Human Expressway. Reason (11 May 2005). Retrieved on 2011-07-07
- Cave, Stephen; Cave, Friederike von Tiesenhausen. The most dangerous idea on earth?, Financial Times (27 May 2005). Retrieved on 2011-07-07
- Arrison, Sonia. Future Humans. TechNewsWorld (6 October 2005). Retrieved on 2011-07-07