Chris Wright (basketball, born 1988)
|No. 33 – Maine Red Claws|
|Small forward / Power forward|
September 30, 1988 |
|Listed height||6 ft 8 in (2.03 m)|
|Listed weight||225 lb (102 kg)|
|NBA Draft||2011 / Undrafted|
|2011||Maine Red Claws (D-League)|
|2011–2012||Golden State Warriors|
|2012||→Dakota Wizards (D-League)|
|2012–present||Maine Red Claws (D-League)|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Stats at Basketball-Reference.com|
Chris Wright (born September 30, 1988) is an American professional basketball forward with the Maine Red Claws of the NBA Development League. Wright graduated from the University of Dayton Flyers and went undrafted in the 2011 NBA Draft. He has played in the NBA for the Golden State Warriors.
High school and college
Wright attended Trotwood-Madison High School and, after graduating, chose to attend the nearby University of Dayton from 2008 to 2011. While at Dayton, Wright was considered the "greatest above-the-rim player" in Flyers history upon graduating in May 2011. He holds school records for dunks and blocked shots in a career and was named to the all-Atlantic 10 team three times in his career, a first for a Dayton Flyer.
After graduating in May 2011, Wright went undrafted in the 2011 NBA Draft. He chose not to play outside of the United States due to the 2011 NBA lockout and was subsequently selected by the Maine Red Claws with their first round pick in the 2011 NBA Development League Draft. He appeared in four games with the Red Claws, averaging 17 points, 10.8 rebounds and 1.5 blocks in 31.3 minutes. In December 2011, Wright signed a training camp contract with the Warriors. He survived three rounds of cuts and made Golden State's regular season roster. In his only start of the season, in the last game of the season, Wright scored 25 points on 11 of 14 shooting from the field, recording 8 rebounds, 2 blocks, 1 steal, and only 1 turnover in 46 minutes played.
On February 4, 2013, Wright was named to the Futures All-Star roster for the 2013 NBA D-League All-Star Game.
- Harris, Doug (June 24, 2011). "UD’s Wright not giving up on NBA goal". Daytona Daily News. Retrieved 11 December 2011.
- "Chris Wright begins NBA career today". DaytonFlyers.com. December 25, 2011. Retrieved 26 December 2011.
- "NBA Development League: Chris Wright Playerfile". National Basketball Association. Retrieved 11 December 2011.
- "Golden State Warriors sign forwards Gary Flowers, Chris Wright to training camp roster". The Washington Post. December 10, 2011. Retrieved 11 December 2011.
- ESPN game log
- Warriors assign forward Chris Wright to D-League
- Warriors Assign Chris Wright To The Dakota Wizards Of NBA Development League
- Raptors Sign McNeal And Wright
- Toronto Raptors waive Jerel McNeal and Chris Wright
- SILAS, WRIGHT & OGUCHI SET TO RETURN TO RED CLAWS
- 2013 NBA Development League All-Star Game Rosters Announced