Chino Valley Unified School District (California)
||This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2012)|
|Chino Valley Unified School District|
|Type and location|
|Grades||K through 12|
|Region||San Bernardino County|
|Location||5130 Riverside Dr, Chino, California|
|NCES District ID||0608460|
|Students and staff|
|Website||Chino Valley Unified School District|
The Chino Valley Unified School District is one of the largest school districts and is the highest ranked school district in San Bernardino County. It serves the cities of Chino, Chino Hills, and Ontario, California.
The District was founded in 1860, to serve the community of Chino. It now encompasses 88 square miles (230 km2) and serves about 32,000 students from grades kindergarten up to 12th grade. CVUSD serves four high schools, five junior high schools, twenty-one elementary schools, one continuation school, and an adult school.
- Superintendent – Wayne Joseph, Ed.D.
Board of education
- President – Silvia Orazco
- Vice President – James Na
- Clerk – Fred Youngblood Jr.
- Member – David A. Black
- Member – James Na
The CVUSD has always been recognized for its outstanding schools and programs. About half of the schools in the CVUSD have reached the state's API standard of 800.
The school year begins on July 1 and ends on June 30 every year.
- Cal Aero Preserve Academy, Chino
- Butterfield Ranch, Chino Hills
- Howard Cattle, Chino
- Alicia Cortez, Chino
- Country Springs, Chino Hills
- Levi Dickey, Ontario
- Doris Dickson, Chino
- Eagle Canyon, Chino Hills
- E.J. Marshall, Chino
- Glenmeade, Chino Hills
- Hidden Trails, Chino Hills
- Liberty, Ontario
- Gerald Litel, Chino Hills
- Newman, Chino
- Oak Ridge, Chino Hills
- Edwin Rhodes, Chino
- Rolling Ridge, Chino Hills
- Walnut Avenue, Chino
- Michael G. Wickman, Chino Hills
- Chaparral, Chino Hills
- Anna A. Borba Fundamental (Elementary), Chino
- Lyle S. Briggs Elementary/ Jr. High Fundamental, Chino
- Cal Aero Preserve Academy, Chino
- Woodcrest JHS,Ontario
- Canyon Hills JHS, Chino Hills
- Robert O. Townsend JHS, Chino Hills
- Ramona JHS, Chino
- Magnolia JHS,Chino
- Ruben S. Ayala High School, Chino Hills
- Chino High School, Chino
- Chino Hills High School, Chino Hills
- Don Antonio Lugo High School, Chino
- Buena Vista, Chino
- El Rancho, Chino (This site is now used by Oxford Preparatory Academy Chino since 2010.)
- Richard Gird, Chino
- Los Serranos, Chino Hills
On March 3, 2009, the Chino Valley Unified School District Board of Education held a special meeting to consider the district-wide budget reduction plan and to give direction to the superintendent. The Board of Education will meet again at a regularly scheduled board meeting on March 5, 2009.
On March 5, 2009, the Chino Valley Unified School District Board of Education voted 4 to 1 vote to approve a budget reduction plan which included the closure of El Rancho Elementary School and Richard Gird Elementary School, both in Chino and Los Serranos Elementary School in Chino Hills. Ms. Sylvia Orozco, Board President, Mr. William Klein, Vice President, Mr. Fred Youngblood, Clerk and Mr. James Na, Board member all voted in favor of the budget reduction plan based on the recommendations of the Chino Valley Unified School District Superintendent, Dr. Edmond T. Heatley. Mr. Michael Calta, Board member was the dissenting vote.
The process in which these schools were selected to be closed violated California Education Code 17387, which states, "It is the intent of the Legislature to have the community involved before decisions are made about school closure or the use of surplus space, thus avoiding community conflict and assuring building use that is compatible with the community's needs and desires".
The last day students attended these schools was June 11, 2009.
Read in another language
This page is available in 1 language