California's 41st State Assembly district
|California's 41st State Assembly district|
|Current assemblymember||Chris Holden (D–Pasadena)|
• Voting age
• Citizen voting age
California's 41st State Assembly District is one of 80 districts in the California State Assembly, and covers the northern San Gabriel Valley and the San Gabriel Mountains in Southern California. It is currently represented by Democrat Assemblymember Chris Holden.
After redistricting in 2011 by the California Citizens Redistricting Commission, that moved the district post—2010 census to a whole new region, the new 41st District now includes 3.7% of Los Angeles County and 4.8% of San Bernardino County. Cities in the district include Altadena, Claremont, La Verne, Monrovia, Pasadena, San Antonio Heights, San Dimas, Sierra Madre, South Pasadena, and Upland.
Chris Holden won the election in November 2012 with 62% of the vote, and was the first to hold office for the new district location. He was appointed Majority Whip of the California State Assembly in 2013.
Before 2011 the district consisted of coastal areas from the Oxnard Plain to Santa Monica, the western Santa Monica Mountains, the Conejo Valley, and far western San Fernando Valley. The district included (post—2000 census redistricting):
- 17.13% of Ventura County (Channel Islands Beach and Oak Park), and including 47.09% of Oxnard, and Port Hueneme)
- 3.09% of Los Angeles County (including Agoura Hills, Calabasas, Hidden Hills, Malibu, Santa Monica, Westlake Village, and the south-west of the San Fernando Valley region of Los Angeles (3.45% of the city).
|California State Assembly elections, 2006|
|Libertarian||Conrad Stefan Frankowski||4,027||3.1||-1.3|
|California State Assembly elections, 2004|
|Democratic||Fran Pavley (incumbent)||106,761||59.8||-1.6|
|Libertarian||Richard P. Koffler||8,033||4.4||+0.8|
|California State Assembly elections, 2002|
|Democratic||Fran Pavley (incumbent)||71,036||61.4||+0.9|
|Republican||Michael J. Wissot||40,478||35.0||0.0|
|Libertarian||Brian "Max" Kelly||4,206||3.6||-0.9|
See also↑Jump back a section
- Official Website — Assemblymember Chris Holden Representing the 41st State Assembly District
- California State Assembly — official Profile of Assembly District 41
- Democrats.assembly.ca.gov: 41st State Assembly District