|Full name||Clube de Desportos do Maxaquene|
|Founded||20 de Maio de 1920|
|Ground||Estádio do Maxaquene
|Chairman||Jose Solomone Cossa|
|Website||Club home page|
Clube de Desportos do Maxaquene, usually known simply as Maxaquene, is a sports club based in Maputo, Mozambique. The club is nicknamed Maxaca, Currently besides football (soccer) there are two indoor sports namely basketball and handball. In such sports Maxaquene is only the club with the most national titles after independence. Maxaquene won its first post-independence title in football, the Taça de Moçambique, in 1978. Prior to Mozambique's independence from Portugal, Maxaquene were known as Sporting Clube de Lourenço Marques or simply Sporting de Lourenço Marques (Lourenço Marques being the name for Maputo before independence). Under this name, the legendary Eusébio played for the club.
- 1920–1976: Founded as Sporting Clube de Lourenço Marques
- 1976–1978: The club is renamed Sporting Clube de Maputo
- 1978–present: The club is renamed Clube de Desportos Maxaquene
- Campeonato Distrital de Lourenço Marques: (9) 1922, 1930, 1933, 1938, 1940, 1943, 1948, 1953, 1960.
- Campeonato Provincial de Moçambique: (2) 1960, 1962.
- Campeonato de Moçambique: (5) 1984, 1985, 1986, 2003, 2012.
- Taça de Moçambique: (9) 1978, 1982, 1986, 1987, 1994, 1996, 1998, 2001, 2010.
- Taça de Honra de Maputo: (1) 2006.
Performance in CAF competitions
- CAF Champions League: 1 appearance
- 2004 - First Round
- African Cup of Champions Clubs: 1 appearance
- 1987: Preliminary Round
- CAF Confederation Cup: 1 appearance
- 2011 - Preliminary Round
- CAF Cup Winners' Cup: 8 appearances
- CAF Cup: 2 appearances
- 1998 - First Round
- 2003 - First Round
Performance in African competitions
- CAF Champions League: 2 appearances
- Best: 2003-04 Preliminary Round - Lost against AmaZulu 7 - 4 on aggregate
- CAF Confederation Cup: 2 appearances
- Best: 2002-03 First Round - Lost against Black Rhinos 1 - 1 on aggregate
- African Cup Winners' Cup: 6 appearances
- Best: 1994-95 Semi Finals - Lost against Julius Berger 1 - 0 on aggregate
Note: Flags indicate national team as has been defined under FIFA eligibility rules. Players may hold more than one non-FIFA nationality.
|This article about a Mozambican football club is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|