Buenavista, Ubay, Bohol
|— Barangay —|
|Region:||Central Visayas, Region VII|
|• Type||Barangay Council|
|• Brgy. Chairman||Pio T. Carnice|
|• Brgy. Councilors|
|• SK Chairman||Jhon Paul C. Genita|
|• Land||6.5154 km2 (2.5156 sq mi)|
|• Density||109.22/km2 (282.9/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
Barangay Buenavista celebrates its annual fiesta every Last Saturday of April in honor of their patron saint.
Located on the southwestern tip of the municipality, barangay Buenavista is bounded by barangay Los Angeles to the north. It is bounded by municipality of San Miguel to the west, to the south by municipality of Alicia and to the east by barangay Gov. Boyles. It has approximate distance of 35 km from the town center, Poblacion.
Barangay Buenavista got its name from Spanish words, Buena vista which means beautiful scenery.
There are seven puroks or units in the barangay manned by the elected kagawads including the Punong Barangay or Barangay chairman.
Facilities and Services
- Ubay, Bohol, Philippines, 6315 (2008-09-16). "Barangay Buenavista". Ubaybohol.byethost3.com. Unknown parameter
- "Chapter I" (PDF). Retrieved 2011-10-10.
- "Ubay in Bohol Visayas Philippines". nscb.gov.ph. Retrieved 2011-10-10.
- Official Website of the Municipality of Ubay
- Philippine Census 2007, Official Count
- National Census Statistical Board, 2007
|San Miguel||Gov. Boyles|