Bruce Van De Velde
||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (January 2013)|
|This biographical article relies on references to primary sources. (January 2013)|
Bruce Van De Velde has served as Director of Athletics at Louisiana Tech University in Ruston, Louisiana since 2010. From 2008 to 2010, Van De Velde served as Deputy Director of Athletics & Chief Operating Officer at Louisiana Tech University under then-Director of Athletics/Head Football Coach Derek Dooley.
During Van De Velde’s tenure, LA Tech received an invitation to join Conference USA and will exit the Western Athletic Conference in July 2013. In 2012, the Louisiana Tech football program received its highest national ranking in school history  and was ranked in the BCS for the first time in school history. He was responsible for a compliance program that achieved no major NCAA rules infractions from 2008 to the present. In addition, the student-athlete graduate success rate of 72 percent in 2012 was the highest in the history of the University and one of the top graduation rates in the nation. All 16 sports programs were APR penalty free and eight programs achieved their highest APR in school history.
Under his tenure, teams have participated in the following bowls: Rose Bowl, Cotton Bowl, Holiday Bowl, Peach Bowl, Aloha Bowl, Independence Bowl, Insight.com Bowl, Copper Bowl, Poinsettia Bowl, and Humanitarian Bowl.
Van De Velde has won many awards and earned many achievements including:[not in citation given] General Robert R. Neyland - Outstanding Athletic Director Award (2005) Admiral U.S. Grant Sharp - Award Recipient (1995) PRISM Award - Managerial Excellence (2010) Excellence in Management Cup - Texas A&M University (2009, 2010, 2011)
|Louisiana Tech University||Athletic Director||2008 – Present|
|University of Missouri||Director of Development||2007 – 2008|
|Iowa State University||Athletic Director||2000 – 2006|
|University of Oklahoma||Senior Associate Athletic Director for External Affairs||1999 – 2000|
|Utah State University||Director of Athletics||1998 – 1999|
|Kansas State University||Associate Athletic Director for Football Operations||1992 – 1997|
|Tulane University||Assistant Athletic Director for Recruiting||1991 – 1992|
|The University of Iowa||Departmental Recruiting Coordinator||1988 – 1991|
|Dana College||Defensive Coordinator/Recruiting Coordinator||1985 – 1988|
|Nebraska Wesleyan University||Assistant Football Coach||1982 – 1985|
In 1982, Van De Velde completed his undergraduate degree with a Bachelor of Science in Physical Education from Iowa State University. His postgraduate work includes a Master of Arts degree in Physical Education from The University of Iowa (1991).
- Served as Assistant Athletic Director for Recruiting at Tulane University in New Orleans, LA from 1991 to 1992.
- Served as Departmental Recruiting Coordinator at The University of Iowa in Iowa City, Iowa from 1988 to 1991.
- Was Defensive Coordinator/Recruiting Coordinator for Football at Dana College in Blair, Nebraska from 1985 until 1988.
- Was Assistant Football Coach at Nebraska Wesleyan University in Lincoln, Nebraska from 1982 until 1985.
Division IA Athletic Directors’ Association
- Strategic Planning Committee (1999)
- Executive Committee (2011, 2012, 2013)
Western Athletic Conference
- Administrative Committee (2010 - 2012)
- Finance Committee (2011 - 2012)
Big 12 Conference
- Administrative Committee (2004)
- Television Committee (2002 - 2005)
- Conference Bowl Committee (2003 - 2005)
- Conference Finance Committee (2002 - 2005)
- Conference Event Management and Officiating Committee (2002)
- Van De Velde Named LA Tech Athletics Director - Louisiana Tech Official Athletic Site
- Tech Hires Van De Velde as COO/Deputy Director - Louisiana Tech Official Athletic Site
- Louisiana Tech Joins Conference USA in Historic Move - Louisiana Tech Official Athletic Site
- LA Tech Moves Up in Both Polls - Louisiana Tech Official Athletic Site
- Bruce Van De Velde Profile - Louisiana Tech Official Athletic Site
- Eleven Student Athletes Earn Degrees - Louisiana Tech Official Athletic Site
- LA Tech Posts Impressive APR Scores - Louisiana Tech Official Athletic Site
- Skip Holtz Named Louisiana Tech Football Coach - Louisiana Tech Official Athletic Site
- Montgomery Hired as LA Tech Softball Coach - Louisiana Tech Official Athletic Site
- Christie Martens - Iowa State University Athletics Official Web Site - www.CYCLONES.com - The home of Iowa State Cyclone Sports
- Christy Johnson-Lynch - Iowa State University Athletics Official Web Site - www.CYCLONES.com - The home of Iowa State Cyclone Sports
- McCook Daily Gazette - Google News Archive Search
- Van De Velde Appointed to NCAA Committee - Louisiana Tech Official Athletic Site
- Van De Velde Named to Athletic Directors Committee - Louisiana Tech Official Athletic Site
||This article's use of external links may not follow Wikipedia's policies or guidelines. (May 2013)|
- Bruce Van De Velde's biography on the Louisiana Tech University website.
- Van De Velde serves on AFCA panel on hiring practices.
- It Pays to be an FBS Athletic Director: Analysis of AD Salaries.
- Tech AD: C-USA Switch ‘Seems Like A New Day’.
- Four ADs Speak On How (And How Not) To Get A Head Coaching Job.
- Van De Velde Named to Division 1-A Athletic Directors Association Executive Committee.
- Van De Velde Named to Athletic Directors Committee.
- La. Tech promotes Van De Velde to fulltime AD.