The castle had been the hereditary seat of the Scotts of Buccleuch since the 15th century, and it was the centre of power in Upper Teviotdale, on one of the main historic routes south towards England.
Branxholme Easter Loch and Wester Loch
The Easter Loch lies 2 miles west of Branxholme, and its outlet is the Newmill Burn.
- SCRAN image of Branxholme Castle
- RCAHMS / Canmore record for Branxholme Castle / Twentyfoot Tower
- SCRAN Pathfinder Pack: Family Names: SCOTT
- Gazetteer for Scotland: Branxholme Castle
- Gazetteer for Scotland: Branxholme Easter Loch
|This Scottish Borders location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|