Bobby Jones (basketball coach, born 1962)
|Coaching career (HC unless noted)|
|Middle Tennessee (asst.)
Western Kentucky (asst.)
St. Francis (PA),
Trinity Area School District (PA) (AD)
Bobby Jones (born January 9, 1962) is an American basketball coach. He is the former head men's basketball coach at Saint Francis University. Jones resigned after the 2008 season, his ninth with the school. He is currently serving as the Athletic Director at Trinity High School in Washington PA.
After being named high school Player of the Year in Georgia, Jones joined Western Kentucky in 1980, playing there through the 1983–84 season; as of 2009, he ranks third all-time for the university in assists. Prior to his hiring at St. Francis, he was an assistant or associate coach from 1991 to 1999 at four schools: Middle Tennessee State, Western Kentucky, Pittsburgh, and Minnesota. St. Francis had an 85–167 record while Jones was the head coach. After his resignation, Jones began working as a scout.
- "Men's Basketball Coaches Career" (search for Bobby Jones under Player/Coach Search). National Collegiate Athletic Association. Retrieved 2010-06-12.
- "Former Pitt aide Jones steps down at St. Francis". Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. 2008-04-22. Retrieved 2010-06-12.
- Bentley, Rick (1980-11-25). "Haskins Looks To Keep Spotlight On Western". Kentucky New Era. Retrieved 2010-06-12.
- 2009–10 WKU Men's Basketball Media Guide (PDF). Western Kentucky University. 2009. p. 145. Retrieved 2010-06-12.
- "Saint Francis hires Jones". Park City Daily News. 1999-04-09. Retrieved 2010-06-12.
- Boytim, Michael (2010-02-22). "Ex-SFU coach Jones working his way back". Altoona Mirror. Retrieved 2010-06-12.
|This biographical article relating to a United States basketball coach is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|