Billy the Kid's Gun Justice
|Billy the Kid's Gun Justice|
1940 lobby card
|Directed by||Sam Newfield|
|Produced by||Sigmund Neufeld (producer)|
|Written by||Joseph O'Donnell|
|Screenplay by||Tom Gibson|
|Music by||Johnny Lange
|Editing by||Holbrook N. Todd|
|Distributed by||Producers Releasing Corporation|
|Release date(s)||27 December 1940|
|Running time||57 minutes|
Billy the Kid (Bob Steele) and his friends Jeff (Carleton Young) and Fuzzy (Al St. John) are ambushed in a cabin. When Jeff is wounded during their getaway, they decide to hide out at Jeff's Uncle's ranch in Little Bend Valley. While traveling to the ranch, they see henchmen Ed (Charles King) and Buck (Rex Lease) accosting Ann Roberts (Louise Currie) and throwing her goods from her wagon. After Billy chases them off, Ann relates that she and her father Tom (Forrest Taylor) had recently purchased a ranch and that someone is trying to run them off their land. Traveling with Ann to protect her, they learn that the ranch she and her father had purchased was the one owned by Jeff's Uncle, but that they failed to purchase water rights. Discovering that other ranchers in the area had also purchased lands without water rights, Billy also learns that land baron Cobb Allen (Al Ferguson) had maliciously damned the only free water stream in the area in order to force the group of ranchers to purchase water rights, or default on their loans. Billy and Jeff fight Allen's henchmen at the barricade and after subduing them, return the water flow to its original channel.
- Bob Steele as Billy the Kid
- Al St. John as Fuzzy
- Louise Currie as Ann Roberts
- Carleton Young as Jeff Blanchard
- Charles King as Henchman Ed Baker
- Rex Lease as Henchman Buck
- Kenne Duncan as Henchman Bragg
- Forrest Taylor as Tom Roberts
- Ted Adams as 2nd Sheriff
- Al Ferguson as Cobb Allen
- Karl Hackett as Attorney Martin
- Edward Peil Sr. as Dave Barlow
- Julian Rivero as Carlos
- Blanca Vischer as Juanita
- Tuska, Jon (1986). Billy the Kid: A Handbook. University of Nebraska Press. pp. 168, 182. ISBN 978-0-8032-9406-6.
- Tuska, Jon (1994). Billy the Kid, his life and legend. Greenwood Press. p. 221. ISBN 978-0-8263-1770-4.
- Rainy, Buck (1997). Western Gunslingers in Fact and on Film. McFarland. ISBN 978-1-4766-0328-5.
- Hal Erickson, Rovi. "Billy the Kid's Gun Justice (1940)", New York Times. Retrieved 9 February 2013.
- Billy the Kid's Gun Justice at the Internet Movie Database
- Billy the Kid's Gun Justice is available for free download at the Internet Archive [more]
|This 1940s Western film-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|