||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: Some categories need to be realigned, spell check etc.. (August 2011)|
|— Town —|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Aligarh|
Barauli Rao is located at West side of Aligarh. Barauli Rao has many mohallas and Galis
A Badgujar Rajput King Raja Pratap Singh married the daughter of Raja Dor and populated the town of Barauli in Samvat 1122 (1065 A.D.) when there were 1656 villages attached to Barauli State. He got 156 villages in dowry from Dor king of Kol to marriage his daughter.
Rao Title of Barauli
The title of Rao firstly used by Raja Pratap Singh, the founder king of Barauli state. After that it was also used in KahteriaRajput's Bajgarhi state (5 km from Barauli) the time of Raja Pirthi Raj and was prefixed to the name of the eldest son Rao Raja Raghuraj Singh
List of Raos/Rajas of Barauli
- Raja Udai Raj Ju (Rular of Rajaurgarh estate)
- Raja Rajdeo Ju
- Raja Babar Dev Ju
- Raja Koop Chand Ju
- Raja Pohap Singh alis Haiwat Singh
- Raja Maha Singh Ju ; wives (i) Rani Sahaj Kunwari of Amber estate & (ii) Rani Nem Kunwari of Ajmer State.
- Raja Pratap Singh - First ruler of Barauli State ,he established Barauli State with 1656 villages & made his capital,he birth from Rani Nem Kunwari who was the sister of the great warrior & emperor Prithviraj Chauhan)
- Rao Ran Ju alis Ranji alis Ramu ji (Barauli, Aligarh 400 villages),
- Rao Basantpal (Majhaula, Budaun 400 villages),
- Rao Jatu ji (Chaundera, Aligarh 400 villages),
- Rao Hathi Sah (Narauli, Moradabad 400 villages) &
- Rao Budhan Dev (Jadwar, Gunnaur, Budaun 56 villages). He was born from a Dhimar woman named Kol Dhinwari)
- Rao Devpal Ju
- Rao Suraj sen Ju alis Sujan Singh
- Rao Ugra sen Ju
- Rao Chandra Bhan Ju
- Rao Daupal alis Devpal Ju
- Rao Dilip Singh alis Dalpal Ju
- Rao Rukam Singh alis Rukmanand Ju
- Rao Hammir Singh Ju (His wife Rani Kamlavati became Sati)
- Rao Virbhandra Ju (His son Rao Balram was ruler of Bara estate & grandson Rao Bhao Singh alis Bhau ji established, village Nagaula, Jawan Sikandarpur, Aligarh)
- Rao Raibhan Ju
- Rao Sultan Singh Ju
- Rao Amrit Sahai Ju
- Rao Virbhan Singh Ju
- Rao Khangar Singh alis Taleband Singh Friend of Mughal Prince Dara Shikoh)
- Rao Jai Singh alis Jait Singh (Martyr in a war)
- Rao Baj Bahadur Singh Ju
- Rao Anand Singh
- Rao Balwant Singh
- Rao Gulab Singh
- Rao Indrajit Singh
- Rao Karan Singh, his grandson(daughter's son) Rao Raghuraj Singh, who was ruler of Bajgarhi estate, Aligarh
- Rao Raj Kumar Singh,M.L.A., the last ruler of Barauli Estate
- Rao Madhusudan Singh
- Kunwar Aditya Pratap Singh & Kunwar Anirudhha Pratap Singh.
As of 2001[update] India census, Barauli Rao had a population of 5000. Males constitute 70% of the population and females 40%. barauli Rao has an average literacy rate of 20%.15% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Barauli Rao has many schools, and one inter college, Barauli Inter College barauli Rao Aligarh, located at Main Road. There is a local Police Chauki at the Main Road. Barauli Rao has 1 bank, Gramin Bank & State Bank of India
- "Full text of "Second supplement to Who's who in India [microform] : brought up to 1914"". Archive.org. Retrieved 2011-08-13.
- Statistical, descriptive and ... - Google Books. Books.google.co.in. 2007-05-01. Retrieved 2011-08-13.
- Asian profile - Google Books. Books.google.co.in. Retrieved 2011-08-13.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.