||This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page.
ABS-CBN Bantay Kalikasan is an Philippine media organization. It was established by ABS-CBN, to raise awareness in nature and to advocate for preservation of the environment.
Bantay Kalikasan (Nature Watch), AFI's environmental arm, started on July 21, 1998. It is a media-based project supported by a multi-sector network of government agencies, private institutions, and non-government organizations. It was launched to serve as a catalyst in addressing the concern over the worsening state of the Philippine environment characterized by air and water pollution, denudation of forests, irresponsible waste disposal and their life-threatening effects. Originally, Bantay Kalikasan started as a radio program in DZMM, addressing environmental problems raised by its listeners.
Bantay Kalikasan committed itself to undertake and catalyze initiatives by maximizing media resources to help ensure an actively protected, adequately rehabilitated, and sustainably developed environment. Its current objectives are as follows:
- Develop and implement strategic environmental projects
- Raise public consciousness on environmental issues and concerns
- Provide a venue for publicizing and addressing environmental issues, problems and similar concerns
- Urge the effective enforcement of relevant environmental policies and laws.
Bantay Kalikasan has the following projects so far:
- Save the La Mesa Watershed Project, which consists of:
- La Mesa Eco-Park
- La Mesa Nature Reserve
- Bantay Baterya
- Bantay Langis
- Kapit Bisig Para sa Ilog Pasig
- Magandang Pilipinas Eco Tourism.
Last modified on 4 November 2012, at 09:57