Baltimore Gas and Electric
Baltimore Gas and Electric Company (BGE) is a subsidiary of Exelon Corporation and Maryland’s largest gas and electric utility. Headquartered in Baltimore, BGE provides service to more than 1.2 million electric customers and more than 650,000 natural gas customers in central Maryland.
- BGE’s electric service territory includes Baltimore City and all or part of Anne Arundel, Baltimore, Calvert, Carroll, Harford, Howard, Montgomery, and Prince George’s counties.
- BGE’s gas service territory includes Baltimore City and all or part of Anne Arundel, Baltimore, Carroll, Cecil, Frederick, Harford, Howard, Montgomery, and Prince George’s counties.
Last modified on 8 March 2013, at 05:06
↑Jump back a section
- Service Area: Electric: Approximately 2,300 square miles; Gas: Approximately 800 square miles
- Customers: More than 1.2 million electric customers, more than 650,000 natural gas customers
- Employees: Approximately 3,400
- 2011 Revenues: $2,993.1 million
- 2011 Assets: $6,987.0 million
- Substations: 244
- Distribution & Transmission Potheyr Lines: Approximately 25,000 circuit miles of distribution lines, almost 1,300 circuit miles of transmission lines
- More than 7,100-mile natural gas pipeline network