B. M. Suhara
|B. M. Zuhara|
October 11, 1952 |
Thikkodi, Kozhikode district, Kerala
|Genres||Short Story and Novel|
|Subjects||Social issues in Malabar Muslim Community|
|Notable award(s)||Kerala Sahitya Akademi Award for lifelong contribution|
|Spouse(s)||Dr. M. M. Basheer|
B. M. Suhara (Malayalam: ബി. എം. സുഹ്റ) is a Malayalam writer from Kerala state, South India. She was born in Thikkodi, Kozhikode district. Some of her best-known works are Kinavu (Dream), Mozhi, Iruttu (Darkness), Nizhal (Shadow), Venal (Summer), Bhraanth (Madness), Choyichi, and Akaasabhoomikalute Thaakkol. She is the sister of the cartoonist B. M. Gafoor. She has won the Lalithambika Memorial Special Award (1992), the K. Balakrishnan Memorial Award (2004) and the Unnimoyi Memorial Award (2006).
- 1992 - Lalithambika Antharjanam Memorial Special Award for outstanding creative talent in the field of Malayalam fiction and short story.
- 2004 - K. Balakrishanan Smaraka Award for total contribution to Malayalam Literature
- 2006 - Unnimoy Memorial Award for total contribution to Malayalam Literature
- 2008 - Kerala Sahitya Akademi Award for total contribution to Malayalam Literature
|1990||Kinavu||P.K. Brothers, Calicut|
|1991||Mozhi||Current Books, Thrissur|
|1994||Iruttu||D.C. Books, Kottayam|
|1997||Nilaavu||D.C. Books, Kottayam|
|1999||Nizhal||Sahithya Pravarthaka Co-Operative Society, Kottayam|
|2007||Aakaasa Bhoomikaludey Thaakkol||D.C. Books, Kottayam|
- "World from a writer’s plane". Chennai, India: The Hindu. 2 October 2009. Retrieved 26 January 2010.
- "Honour for B.M. Suhara". Chennai, India: The Hindu. 28 June 2004. Retrieved 26 January 2010.
- "Unnimoyi Smaraka prize for B.M. Suhara". Chennai, India: The Hindu. 13 September 2006. Retrieved 26 January 2010.
- "Sahitya Akademi fellowships". Chennai, India: The Hindu. 22 May 2009. Retrieved 26 January 2010.
|This article about an Indian writer or poet is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to Kerala is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
Read in another language
This page is available in 1 language