B. J. Choubey
||This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page.
Dr B. J. Choubey (15 September 1934 – 19 February 2008) was a renowned scholar of Zoology, a university professor in the Tilka Manjhi Bhagalpur University. He is remembered as a pillar in the field of endocrine research at University of Bhagalpur. Dr JS Dutta Munshi his senior at University of Bhagalpur was also closely associated with him in many research works. He was a research student under the guidance of Dr. J. P. Thapliyal at Banaras Hindu University. His scholarly publications have guided many researchers in this field.
Last modified on 16 May 2013, at 09:11
↑Jump back a section
- B J Choubey (08/1977). "Effect of thyroidectomy on sex & accessory sex organs in a common Indian garden lizard Calotes versicolor (Daud)". Indian journal of experimental biology 15 (8): 598–600. PMID 606665.
- B J Choubey; J P Thapliyal (12/1966). "Agonadal garden lizard: Calotes versicolor". Die Naturwissenschaften 53 (23): 618. Bibcode:1966NW.....53..618C. doi:10.1007/BF00632289.
- B J Choubey, J S Munshi, B N Pandey, P K Pandey, J Ojha (09/1976). "Oxygen uptake capacity in relation to respiratory surface area of an air-breathing siluroid fish Saccobranchus (=Heteropneustes) fossilis (Bloch)". Indian journal of experimental biology 14 (5): 557–60. PMID 1024976.
- B J Choubey, P K Pandey, A Moitra, J S Datta Munshi (1928). "Role of L-thyroxine, hydrocortisone and progesterone in regulation of blood volume in a fresh-water air-breathing fish, Clarias batrachus (Linn.)". Folia haematologica (Leipzig, Germany) 105 (5): 656–64. PMID 85575.
- B J Choubey, B N Pandey, J S Datta Munshi, P K Pandey. "Effect of environmental factors on the activity of thyroid gland in an air breathing siluroid fish Heteropneustes fossilis Bloch". Zeitschrift für mikroskopisch-anatomische Forschung 89 (5): 859–69.
- B J Choubey, Fasihuddin, M. and J S Datta Munshi. "Study of oxygen consumption in relation to body size in a fresh water siluroid fish Mystus vittatus Bloch". Indian J. Zoot 13: 101–109.
- B J Choubey, N K Singh (1928). "Some aspects of haematology of an Indian grass snake Natrix stolata in relation to sex and size". Folia haematologica (Leipzig, Germany) 104 (1): 75–84. PMID 69577.
- B J Choubey, A K Sinha. "Seasonal changes in the thyroid gland of Indian spiny tailed, sand lizard, Uromastix hardwickii (Gray) male". Zeitschrift für mikroskopisch-anatomische Forschung. 95 (1): 72–80.
- B J Choubey, B N Pandey, P K Pandey, J S Datta Munshi (1928). "Studies on blood components of an air-breathing siluroid fish, Heteropneustes fossilis (Bloch) in relation to body weight". Folia haematologica (Leipzig, Germany) 103 (1): 101–16. PMID 58809.