Audio CD is an umbrella term that refers to many standards of means of playing back audio on a CD.
It may specifically refer to:
- Compact Disc (CD), an optical disc used to store digital data
- Compact Disc Digital Audio (CD-DA), a CD that contains PCM encoded digital audio in the original "Red Book" CD-DA format
- 5.1 Music Disc, an extension to the red book standard that uses DTS Coherent Acoustics 5.1 surround sound
- Super Audio CD (SACD), a format which competes with DVD-Audio
- MP3 CD, a CD that contains MP3 files in "Yellow Book" CD-ROM format
- DVD-Audio, a DVD that plays audio
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.