Atlantic Crossing 1
Tyco / Level 3 Communications
|Total length||14,000 km|
|Design capacity||40 Gbit/s|
|Currently lit capacity||120 Gbit/s|
|Date of first use||1999|
Atlantic Crossing 1 (AC-1) is an optical submarine telecommunications cable system linking the USA and three European countries. It transports speech and data traffic between the U.S., the U.K., the Netherlands and Germany.
It has landing points in:
- Brookhaven Cable Station in Shirley, New York, USA
- Land's End Cable Station in Whitesands, UK
- Westerland Cable Station on Sylt, Germany
- KPN Telecom cable station, Beverwijk, Netherlands
- "ATLANTIC CROSSING (AC-1) CABLE SYSTEM EXPANDS INTO THE NETHERLANDS". Retrieved February 5, 2006.
- Global Crossing Press Release
- Global Crossing Completes Upgrade on Trans-Atlantic Route
- VSNL Int. Map (Flash only)