|This biographical article relies on references to primary sources. (August 2012)|
Art Bowker (born 1961 in Ohio) is an author and cybercrime specialist in corrections (pretrial, probation, and parole). His first book, The Cybercrime Handbook for Community Corrections: Managing Risk in the 21st Century, describes the process of supervising cyber-offenders. He has been interviewed by CrimCast and American Hero's Radio. Bowker is a lifetime member of the High Technology Crime Investigation Association (HTCIA), having served as International President of the organization in 2008. He has written cybercrime articles that have appeared in the FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin, Federal Probation, the American Probation and Parole Association's Perpsectives, and numerous other publications. He is an instructor at the Criminal Justice Program at Chancellor University.
Bowker writes a regular blog called "The Three C's (Computers, Crime, and Corrections)."
- Masters, Greg,"Severe Fine Imposed for Sharing 24 Music Files", SC Magazine, September 17, 2012, http://www.scmagazine.com/severe-fine-imposed-for-sharing-24-music-files/article/259390/
- Sweeney, Emily,"Probation 2.0: How Technology is Changing Probation Work", Boston Globe, November 28, 2012,http://www.boston.com/yourtown/2012/11/29/probation-how-technology-changing-probation-work-probation-officers-tap-social-media/Y5rpa12H1LOWQ7No6v211K/story.html
- Bowker, Art (2012). The Cybercrime Handbook for Community Corrections: Managing Risk in the 21st Century. Springfield: Thomas. ISBN 9780398087289.
- The Advent of the Computer Delinquent, The FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin, Dec 2000, http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/publications/law-enforcement-bulletin/2000-pdfs/dec00leb.pdf
- The Cybersex Offender and Children, (co-author, Michael Gray), The FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin, March 2005, http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/publications/law-enforcement-bulletin/2005-pdfs/mar05leb.pdf
- Sexting: Risky Actions and Overreactions, (co-author, Michael Sullivan), The FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin, July 2010, http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/publications/law-enforcement-bulletin/july-2010/sexting
- An Introduction to the Supervision of the Cybersex Offender, (co-author, Michael Gray) Federal Probation, December 2004,http://www.uscourts.gov/viewer.aspx?doc=/uscourts/FederalCourts/PPS/Fedprob/2004-12/index.html
- Computer Crime in the 21st Century and Its Effect on the Probation Officer (co-author, Gregory Thompson) , Federal Probation, September 2001,http://www.uscourts.gov/viewer.aspx?doc=/uscourts/FederalCourts/PPS/Fedprob/2001septfp.pdf
- Managing the Risks Posed by Offender Computer Use, Perspectives, December 2011,http://appaweb.csg.org/Perspectives/Perspectives_V35_N4_P40.pdf
- A Victim-Centered Approach to Supervising Internet Harassment Offenders, Perspectives, Special Victim Issue, http://www.appa-net.org/eweb/docs/appa/pubs/Perspectives_2012_Spotlight.pdf
- How to Impose Technological Restraints on Criminal Offenders, Law Technology News, July 31, 2012, http://www.law.com/jsp/lawtechnologynews/PubArticleLTN.jsp?id=1202564975181&How_to_Impose_Technological_Restraints_on_Criminal_Offenders&slreturn=20120702153615
- Can deploying monitoring software put you in jeopardy?,SC Magazine, February 22, 2011, http://www.scmagazine.com/can-deploying-monitoring-software-put-you-in-jeopardy/article/196789/