|Alma mater||St. Stephen's College, Delhi, Washington State University, Stanford Business School|
Arjun Gupta is the Founder and Managing Director of TeleSoft Partners, a special situations venture capital firm founded in 1996. TeleSoft provides value added capital for Technology, Communications companies and companies in the Energy Value Chain. Over the last fifteen years, TeleSoft and Arjun Gupta have funded and helped build ~61 companies, resulting in ~33 mergers & acquisitions and IPOs to date with a combined cash acquisition price or market equity value equivalent of ~$16 billion at 3/31/2009. TeleSoft continues to help build 11 private companies remaining in the portfolio. At TeleSoft, Arjun manages capital commitments of $625+ million and maintains an extensive network of contacts in the technology, communications and energy ecosystems. Arjun has served in numerous director roles, which currently include: Calient, LiteScape, LogLogic, Nexant and Validity. To help commercialize new technologies, Arjun recruited corporate industry partners including Alltel, Bechtel, Deutsche Telekom’s T-Ventures, Nexant, Salesforce.com, and Symphony Technology Group. Operationally, these partnerships help introduce potential anchor customers and potential distribution channels to TeleSoft portfolio companies.
Founded AG Community Foundation in 2001 to support community projects, education, medical research, and the arts. The foundation has helped fund about 90 projects to date.
- Ranked by Forbes Magazine in the Top-100 Technology Venture Investors - 2006, 2007, 2008 & 2009 Midas Lists.
- Henry Crown Fellow at the Aspen Institute, and serves on the Leadership Committee for the Aspen Global Leadership Network.
- Attended Harvard Business School Executive Management Program, How to Make Corporate Boards More Effective – June 1996.
- Business consultant for “Wireless EDS” and intern on “Interactive Artists” projects in 1993-1994.
- Passionate outdoorsman: interests include skiing, hiking, scuba diving, sky diving. Completed New York and Chicago marathons; climbed with six Himalayan expeditions to peaks over 20,000 feet.
- Proudly became a naturalized American citizen on January 19, 1999
Editor TeleSoft VC News
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Arjun Gupta|
Read in another language
This page is available in 1 language